|Artist:||Wilson, Brian||Added:||Oct 2004|
|Add Date:||2004-10-18||Pull Date:||2004-12-20|
|Week Ending:||Dec 19||Dec 12||Dec 5||Nov 28||Nov 21||Nov 14||Nov 7||Oct 31|
|1.||Aug 23, 2022:||Cool Jerk
|4.||Nov 22, 2014:||Mix Tape
|2.||Jan 29, 2015:||Mix Tape
|5.||Jan 17, 2013:||The Show with T-Lex & Lolo
|3.||Jan 06, 2015:||Mix Tape
|6.||Jun 20, 2010:||"In Your Ear ..." with Bug, glitter!?
Wonderful / Song for Children / Child Is Father of the Man / Surf's Up
My Picks: 2, 12, 13, 17
Katie P. 10/13/04
1) 2 distinct pieces. Beautiful soaring vocal harmonies on "oooo-ahhh" variations for about a minute. Then the second piece starts with muffled a very beach boys-esque vocal harmony. It pulls out into the clear and goes right into the next song.
2) Fast midtempo and bouncy. Tons of instrument layers using horns, whistles, and some great percussive vocals. Song has some moments that fade out and then it sort of starts up again. Wow! Goes right into track 3 (no fade out).
3) Slows a little to a slow midtempo. Simple guitar/bass and then abrupt change to piano and maybe harpsichord. Wow, then an onslaught of vocal layers. Again has some starts and stops. Goes into next track.
4) Cute bouncy song with barnyard noises (chickens, lambs, etc.). Fun with nice "ooo-oos" and then goes right into next song.
5) Starts with strings. Minimal version of "You are My Sunshine" with quiet strings and tapping. Then a sax goes right into the next song.
6) Piano kicks this one off. Sounds like some banjo and harmonica too. Has a camping feel to it. Wow and just like that a massive wall of beautiful vocal harmonies that ends just as abruptly and goes back into the quiet camping feel. End of first section (fades out).
7) Cute and quiet. Horns, harpsichord (or some keyboard), and luscious vocals. So pretty. Goes right into next song.
8) Piano continues with similar theme. Clarinet comes in with drums and it picks up. Cute and bouncy. Wow, horns, flutes, and more. Reprises themes from track 7 and starts theme for track 9.
9) Slows abruptly with piano and shimmering guitar. Continues with "child is father of the man" theme from previous track. Piano and strings bring us into the next song.
10) Similar feel to track 9. Slower and beautiful. Speeds up at times keeping the same quiet feel with piano and strings. Reprises themes from previous tracks (7-9). Vocal layers are so full. End of section 2 (fades out).
11) 3 distinct pieces. Starts with a carnival feel. Then cute bouncy piano. Funny lyrics. Kind of fades out in echo and abruptly turns into a lounge song. Slow and muffled. Then abruptly into sawing and hammering. Other percussive noises and cello go right into next song.
12) Cute bouncy piano and complicated percussion. Great lyrics about vegetables with crunching carrot and celery sounds. Wow!!! Crazy vocal layers too.
13) Again bouncy and cute with xylophone and slide whistle. Pounding drums and then the chorus reprises track 3 (Plymouth rock song). Some clarinets and horns in there too. Beautiful!!! Goes right into next song.
14) Deliberate xylophone oscillation. Quiet vocals. About half through the band bangs in with horns and drums and then abruptly pops out to piano. Then back to the band with vocal "ba-ba-ba" layers. Goes right into next song.
15) Crazy banging walking piano with whistles all over the place. Ratchet sounds and other percussion. Guitars get all fuzzed out and then sirens on top screaming away. Vocals match the sirens a bit. Instrumental. Goes into next song.
16) Echoing vocals. Shimmery feel. Beat comes in to a nice midtempo. A little bouncy with clopping percussion. Speeds up a bit and gets a fun relaxing feel.
17) Uptempo builds with vocals and keyboards. Chorus hits and keeps building with theramin, and tons of vocal harmonies. About half through it falls back to piano and vocal layers, then gets very quiet with organ. Slowly vocals build again. Jumps back into it with about a minute left. It sounds similar to the previously released version of this, but somehow better. Perhaps the best pop song ever. Wow!!
|1.||Our Prayer/Gee||9.||Child Is Father of the Man|
|2.||Heroes and Villains||10.||Surf's Up|
|3.||Roll Plymouth Rock||11.||I'm in Great Shape/I Wanna B|
|5.||Old Master Painter/You Are M||13.||On a Holiday|
|6.||Cabin Essence||14.||Wind Chimes|
|7.||Wonderful||15.||Mrs. O'leary's Cow|
|8.||Song for Children||16.||In Blue Hawaii|