|Add Date:||2004-03-15||Pull Date:||2004-05-17|
|Week Ending:||May 23||May 16||May 9||May 2||Apr 25||Apr 18||Apr 11||Apr 4|
|1.||Mar 21, 2017:||BetelNut Sessions #7
|4.||Jan 26, 2012:||Nathin' To Do
You Make Me Weak at the Knee
|2.||Feb 19, 2014:||Femme Fatale
|5.||Nov 04, 2010:||Hipster Garbage
Love Builds Up
|3.||Jan 22, 2014:||Femme Fatale
Only One Thing Is Needed
|6.||Jul 25, 2010:||the velvet futon
PLAY: 10, 8, 9, 2, 5, 4, 1
1. Mazzy Starish guitar riffs break into a lush electro-/synth groove with high pitched screaming vocals and "Ave Maria" lyrics. Throw some serious Joy Division and Ian Curtis spirit in the mix... especially in the keys.
2. Bouncy, upbeat and dancy. Ripping bass-line. Cross-talking guitar riffs beautifully done. Hear those vocal cries that sound like a bird pitching some kind of woos
3. Is this a cover of a classic gospel tune? This track is fully equipped with a 12 person choir. Amazing vocal layering and a crooning organ.
4. Trully sad and dangerous. Depressing heartaching tune. This is the best way of saying: "I'm still in love with you; I deeply miss you". Slow in the first 3 min; builds up to mid- and fast-tempo! Drony but fluent guitar line with plenty... oh... plenty of bluesy tone (makes me think of BB KIng's The Thrill is Gone).
5. Down-fuckin'-dirty groovy swampy blues guitar slashing through some gawd-un-fuckin-believable riffs. It'll rip your soul to shreds. Very PJ Harvey-ish.
6. This is some infectiously addictive pop rock. All I can think of is... the Cranberries. The vocals are just so Dolores O'Riordan. I don't what kind of language this is... but it sure makes me wanna sing along.
7. Yeah... lazy and sunny 60s garage-pop. Delicate and pretty and bouncy. Think... Holly Golightly.
8. Classic Electrolane! Orgasmic synth grooves topped with the best melodic lines. Mesmerizing and orgasmic.
9. Nostalgic and sad electro-pop-ish instrumental. Techno dancy. Very 80s. Grey and dark like Britain's weather. Stereolab meets Joy Division.
10. Orgasmic synth groove. Amazing melodic (synth). Genius no wave and noisy brass sound. Slashy/offensive guitar. Hand claps and "oh oh oh-oh's". This makes me SPIN OUT OF CONTROL IN ECSTASY!
11. Classically Jazzy. Just piano and drums. A sentimental dreamy piece dancing somewhere between Thelonius Monk and Nina Simone. Sparse and jazzy but also groovy... in the Electrelanish sense of the word: "groovy".
|1.||Gone Under Sea||6.||Oh Somba!|
|2.||On Parade||7.||Enter Laughing|
|3.||The Valleys||8.||This Deed|
|4.||Birds||9.||Love Builds Up|
|5.||Take the Bit Between Your Th||10.||Only One Thing Is Needed|
|11.||You Make Me Weak at the Knee|