|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Jul 2003|
|Add Date:||2003-08-04||Pull Date:||2003-10-06|
|Week Ending:||Oct 5||Sep 28||Sep 14||Sep 7||Aug 31||Aug 24||Aug 17||Aug 10|
|1.||Aug 04, 2023:||KZSU Time Traveler
The Flying Saucer
|4.||Jun 05, 2012:||Meow
|2.||Jun 05, 2018:||The School of Classic Rock
|5.||Sep 04, 2008:||Trip Over Zero
|3.||Jun 08, 2012:||Down Here on th' Farm
The Queen and I
|6.||Jul 29, 2008:||Time Traveler
The Flying Saucer
1) **FCC** Negativeland: Casey Kasem outtake leads into a remix of a U2 song.
2) Biz Markie lost the first sample lawsuit in hip hop and changed the way hip hop is made. Nice song, slowly flowing production.
3) People Like Us: Sample of a woman singing, accordion, keyboards and a chorus of voices. ((4)) Culturcide: We Are the World rerecorded with new off key lyrics. A strong criticism of the music industry, musicians and the media. Great.
5) ECC: Rocked By Rape. Dan Rathers clips.
6) Beastie Boys. “Rock Hard” Contains a AC/DC clip, so the band won’t allow the Beastie Boys to re-release this song.
((7)) Dummy Run. A piece about sampling made by piecing together samples.
8) John Oswald. A piece made from lots of James Brown samples.
((9)) Corporal Blossom I’m dreaming of a white christmas all mixed up. cool.
10) Tape-beatles. All samples. No instruments. 11) **FCC** Public Enemy Never released track uses a beatles sample. PE’s label couldn’t afford the clearance fee.
12) The Verve Uses a string arrangement from “The Last Time” from the Rolling Stones. The Verve had to turn over all royalties to the Stone’s publisher.
13) Wobbly. Uses lots of uncleared samples. Country theme, includes several Johnny Cash samples.
14) De La Soul. Were court ordered to pay 1.7 million for the use of a Turtle’s sample.
((15)) Buchanan and Goodman Made in 1956, “The Flying Saucer” was the first use of sampling. Snipets of songs interspersed with a couple of news guys talking about an alien invasion. ((16)) The JAMs Messed up Abba song with some rapping on top.
17) Elastica Wire accused this band of using a guitar riff from one of their songs.
((18)) Steinski and Mass Media Previously a white label release, a sample based recreation of the Kennedy assassination. Wow.
19) Invisibl Skratch Piklz turntablism incorporating lots of other people’s music. ((20)) Xper.Xr Wu-Chu-tung sings over EMF’s hit song, Unbelievable.
21) Happy Birthday. Owned by AOL Time Warner, so it must be cleared every time it is sung in public. Damn, copyright laws are so f**ed up.