|Artist:||Microphones, the||Added:||Feb 2003|
|Add Date:||2003-03-10||Pull Date:||2003-05-12|
|Week Ending:||May 11||May 4||Apr 27||Apr 20||Apr 13||Apr 6||Mar 23||Mar 16|
|1.||Dec 07, 2017:||National Treasure
|4.||Oct 10, 2012:||minimum entropy
|2.||Oct 09, 2013:||Fried Egg
|5.||Apr 09, 2011:||Of Sound Mind
|3.||Jun 13, 2013:||minimum entropy ii
|6.||May 16, 2010:||Folktronic
1. 17 minutes. starts with dead air sound and occasional pulses. gradually, african rhythms come in more and more intensely. at about 11:00 voice and guitar come in, more song-like. by the end, beautiful white noise, like static snow from a television or pipes constantly blowing steam.
2. noise continues from previous track. 0:15 voice and acoustic guitar dominate the rest of the track. sweet melancholic chorus. the only lullaby on this album.
3. amazing song! great distorted drums + anguished voice. female voices add a great commentary. wonderful climactic moments. sustained notes carry to end.
4. sustained notes continue into this multi-movement track. begins with vocals, chant, and grumbling organ. aggressive mood change, makes me think of sesame street monsters doing mushrooms and whip-its. returns to introspective guitar + voice, followed by more of the noise from earlier. do not trip to this song!
5. organ + chant expressing a grand despair. big sound not far from flaming lips.
|2.||Solar System||4.||Mt. Eerie|