|Artist:||McCombs, Cass||Added:||Oct 2022|
|Add Date:||2022-11-09||Pull Date:||2023-01-11|
|Week Ending:||Jan 8||Jan 1||Dec 25||Dec 18||Dec 11||Dec 4||Nov 27||Nov 20|
|1.||Feb 22, 2023:||Hanging In The Boneyard
|4.||Feb 03, 2023:||KZSU Time Traveler
|2.||Feb 17, 2023:||KZSU Time Traveler
|5.||Jan 13, 2023:||KZSU Time Traveler
|3.||Feb 10, 2023:||KZSU Time Traveler
|6.||Jan 12, 2023:||Traditions
1. (4:49)—Mid-tempo, crunchy but restrained. Leonard Cohen-like lyrics, with a shoutout to Martinez.
2. *(3:41)—Fast and floaty, with multiple percussion layers. Karaoke as extended metaphor for emotional deceit. Clever and catchy and beautiful.
3. *(4:11)—Mid-tempo. Acoustic strumming, bird sounds. An extremely peppy song about San Francisco after the end times. Satisfying verse dunking on Elon Musk. (One word sounds like an FCC but he's saying "forked.")
4. (6:33)—Medium-slow space-jazz Western. Written from the perspective of a veteran. Group choruses with Wynonna Judd guesting, soft fiddle played by Charles Burnham.
5. (4:58)—Mid-tempo cumbia beat with laser noises. Spaced-out singing. Pair this with anything on the Roots of Chicha compilations.
6. (5:34)—Medium-slow, serene, sweetly sung bar-band jam. A story song that introduces the band members one by one.
7. *(4:11)—Medium-fast, chugging rhythm. Slightly noisy beginning, but becomes a smooth pop song quickly. Dire Straits and Boz Scaggs vibes? Really pretty.
8. (8:28)—Very slow, free tempo. Wah guitar, soft sax. McCombs harmonizes with himself softly and pensively. "Empty ketchup packets may inherit the city." Lovely instrumental second half with a more consistent slow beat.
|1.||Music Is Blue||5.||Krakatau|
|2.||Karaoke||6.||A Blue, Blue Band|
|3.||New Earth||7.||Belong to Heaven|