|Album:||Bees and Bees and Bees||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Ediss, Brandi||Added:||Jun 2020|
|1.||Sep 15, 2023:||KZSU Time Traveler
The Sweetest Words
|4.||Sep 03, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler
|2.||Aug 05, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler
Count To Three
|5.||Jul 16, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler (rebroadcast from Jul 17, 2020)
|3.||Apr 08, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler
|6.||Jan 08, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler Top 37 of 2020
Count To Three
Guitar-based indie pop and folk-pop from a really appealing, young singer-songwriter from Northampton, Mass. Catchy throwback pop. Acoustic ballads. Great melodies. Lyrics are witty, wry, perfectly spun, and engagingly personal. Occasionally DIY-sounding, but also consistently endearing. Very impressive debut from an eye-opening songwriting and performing talent.
Highly recommended: 2, 8, 4, 9, 3, 7. No FCCs (Track 5 – FCC Clean)
1. (1:32) Bees And Bees And Bees — Jazzy number. Busy (buzzy?) bass line delivers energy. Some jangle. Doubled lead vocals with nice harmonies.
2. (3:42) Count To Three — A true standout. Syncopated melodic pop that’s a throwback to the hit singles of the 1970s. Piano, guitar and a hint of banjo. Wonderful dynamic shifts. A real pick-me-up, “It’s gonna be great!” ****
3. (3:54) Chicago — Tuneful chamber pop. Fingerpicked guitar. Swelling strings. Appealing, sweet reflections on her time in Chicago. ***
4. (2:00) Robot Heart — Fun, light strummy pop. Prominent ukulele. Finger snaps. Playful bass line. Melodica in lead break. ****
5. (3:04) I Didn’t Try — Toe-tapper with downer lyrics about missing life’s opportunities. Fingerpicked guitar. Handclaps. Glockenspiel. FCCs (shit – 3 times) edited out.
6. (4:35) Little Tiny — Fragile, fingerpicked guitar ballad. Vulnerable vocals. Piano. Glockenspiel and sleigh bells give the tune a wintery feeling.
7. (4:45) Happy Days — Simple, flowing ditty. Wistful vocals. Gentle, heartwarming harmonies. Strummed acoustic guitar. Melodica. ***
8. (3:43) Stupid Boyfriend — Bouncy and upbeat. 1960s-style girl group pop, complete with ma-ma-ma-ma harmonies in the chorus. Tremolo guitar effects. ****
9. (5:13) The Sweetest Words — Lilting, storytelling singer-songwriter folk-pop. Spare and honest lyrics. Ediss’ pure vocals backed by her strummed and fingerpicked acoustic guitar. ***
10. (2:39) I’ll Keep You Warm — Guitar-based ballad. Warm and uplifting, enveloped by a swelling orchestral arrangement. Nice harmonized vocals.
11. (3:19) Clicks Of Shutters — Slower and halting. Strummed guitar. Complex rhythm with tom-toms and lots of bright bells. Rich harmonies.
12. (2:55) Linoleum — Bubbly and quirky closer. Skipping rhythm. Very DIY feeling. Vocals get a bit jazzy in places.
|1.||Bees And Bees And Bees||7.||Happy Days|
|2.||Count To Three||8.||Stupid Boyfriend|
|3.||Chicago||9.||The Sweetest Words|
|5.||I Didn||11.||Clicks Of Shutters|