|Album:||A Pristine Wilderness||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Intrusive Thoughts||Added:||Jan 2020|
|Label:||Girly Girl Musik|
|Add Date:||2020-01-22||Pull Date:||2020-05-06||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Mar 15||Feb 2||Jan 26|
|1.||Feb 04, 2023:||Music Casserole
|4.||Feb 01, 2020:||On The Warpath
A Pristine Wilderness
|2.||Sep 22, 2021:||On The Warpath (rebroadcast from Feb 1, 2020)
A Pristine Wilderness
|5.||Jan 25, 2020:||On The Warpath
The Forgotten Coast
|3.||Mar 14, 2020:||Music Casserole
Mostly gentle occasionally unsettling ambient/drone, inspired by Area X sci fi trilogy. “Full length debut album stretches samples of the familiar into echoes of what they once were.” A portion of each tape purchase will be donated to the Friends of St. Marks Wildlife Refuge. No FCCs, no words really. Faves: 3, 7, 9 ~eme o
1. A Pristine Wilderness (1:59) - Footsteps splashing through water, bird song, bass, wind swirls.
2. Consolidation of Authority (2:04) - Authoritative drone, sound reminiscent of a train horn, notes spiraling from high down to low.
3. *Mimicry (4:24) - Drone fades in like dawn, punctuations of noise. Awakening with an undercurrent of the unknown, voices inscrutable but not ominous (Obi Wan Kenobi vibe). Fade out from ~4:00.
4. The Forgotten Coast (2:36) - Steady drone, then percussive. Sound reminiscent of a roller coaster trending upward. Gentle surface, driving undercurrent, like swimming maybe.
5. Notebooks and the Eleventh Expedition (1:48) - Swirly drone with staticky crackle. Fade out from ~1:20.
6. Subconscious Triggers (1:44) - Sampled sounds, choppy. A message that keeps repeating from the beginning, having never reached the end. Abrupt stop.
7. *Plume (2:32) - Alien landscape, not quite ominous but unfamiliarity breeds fear. Nocturnal creature sounds in a jungle, flickers of light from flying insects.
8. Further Down the Tower (2:44) - Space ship hovering, helicopter-like. A release of sound at the end, dissolution, landing. Silence last four seconds.
9. *A New Biological Imperative (3:08) - Something exploratory, a learning process. Call and response, sounds high and low. Then an industrial screeching. Communication, design, construction.
10. Where Lies the Strangling Fruit (2:38) - Solid noise to start, then a chittering breaks through. Like a balance of manufactured (human) and nature (animal) sounds. Louder ~1:30, then a more authoritative voice takes over ~2:00. Fade ~2:20. Silence ~2:30.