|Secret Sidewalk / Primal Dap|
|Artist:||Secret Sidewalk||Added:||Jan 2020|
|Label:||Primal Dap Sound|
|Add Date:||2020-01-22||Pull Date:||2020-05-06||Charts:||Hip-Hop|
|Week Ending:||Mar 1||Feb 16||Feb 9||Jan 26|
|1.||Nov 04, 2021:||Run-Away-Radio (rebroadcast from Feb 6, 2020) |
Miracle Alien Cookies Mach Five
|4.||Feb 27, 2020:||Run-Away-Radio |
|2.||Aug 14, 2021:||Hanging in the bone yard |
|5.||Feb 13, 2020:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|3.||Feb 27, 2020:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|6.||Feb 06, 2020:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
Secret Sidewalk - Primal Dap (Primal Dap Sound)|
Experimental instrumental hip-hop. Latest release from Bay Area locals, and first on their own label. Funky, jazzy, spacey, mellow. Good for late nights, early mornings, soundbeds, or transitions. FCC clean. Faves: 4, 8, 10, 12 ~eme o
1. Descrambler (2:13) - Midtempo. Ambient beginning, space sounds. Then moves into a more rhythmic, more organic space. Flute enters ~1:30. Feels like an intro.
2. Harp (4:15) - Slowish, mello. Harp to start. Cricket sounds, followed by drums, intense purring, bird sounds. Guitar enters ~1:15. 70s jazz meets turntable. Head-nodder.
3. Koi Palace (4:18) - Slow to Mid. Inorganic nature sounds, video game environment. Flute enters ~0:50. 70s jazzy trumpet meets a slowed-down Knight Rider theme. Tempo changes, some ambience.
4. *Miracle Alien Cookies Mach 5 (3:45) - Slow. Turntables, space sounds. Electric(?) flute. Drowsy/muzzy feeling.
5. Ripken (2:30) - Mid-slow. Head-sliding rhythm. Slow laser fire, keyboard space battle. Saxophone enters ~1:03.
6. Yaaugh (3:02) - Spoken word intro. Laser sounds, strong drum presence, almost danceable.
7. Common Core (3:19) - Midtempo. Funk jazzy. Galumphing rhythm, skittery, floaty sounds on top. Saxophone enters ~1:14. Tempo change ~2:30. Speed increases, turntable enters, then flute.
8. *Channel 9 (1:49) - Slow. Space sounds. Finger-snapping rhythm. Tinkling, starlight percussion.
9. Whiskey Highball (0:58) - Quiet entrance, rubber band rhythm, jazz saxophone. Ends without quite going anywhere. Maybe play with the next track.
10. *Rill Swill (1:23) - Picks up directly from previous track though slower rhythm. Still that kind of rubber band sound.
11. Sometimes (2:29) - Keyboard opener, dawning sound. Mid-slow 70s jazz, like a post-soporific Fela, with space sounds.
12. *So Underground (3:56) - Mid-slow. Clicking percussion is soft, fast-ish but the overall feeling is mellow, winding down.
|3.||Koi Palace||9.||Whiskey Highball|
|4.||Miracle Alien Cookies Mach Five||10.||Rill Swill|