|Nothing / Dance On The Blacktop|
|Album:||Dance On The Blacktop||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2019-01-15||Pull Date:||2019-03-19|
|Week Ending:||Mar 24||Mar 17||Mar 10||Mar 3||Feb 24||Feb 17||Feb 10||Feb 3|
|1.||Dec 09, 2021:||deep storage* |
I Hate The Flowers
|4.||Mar 11, 2019:||wig out at denny's |
I Hate The Flowers
|2.||Mar 18, 2019:||wig out at denny's |
|5.||Mar 06, 2019:||The Fuzz Deli |
|3.||Mar 13, 2019:||Everything but the kitchen sink |
Hail On Palace Pier
|6.||Mar 02, 2019:||Music Casserole |
(Hope) Is Just Another Word With A Hole In It
Dreamy shoegaze album with soft male vocals. A soundtrack for when you feel like giving up, Dominic Palermo sings on uplifting riffs about dark themes including mental illness and finding inspiration through self-destruction. All the songs are goosebumps-inducing & moody. The album name, which is slang for fighting, is a phrase Palermo learned while in prison. However, he’s repurposed it to mean rolling with the punches.|
All FCC clean.
Try 1, 3, 6, 7 (WOW definitely #7).
1. Zero Day - 3:57 - Stormy intro, melancholy, gets even more emotional at 2:28 with backing vocals.
2. Blue Line Baby - 4:31 - Thundering percussion & riff. Buzzing tune about a girl he knew who OD’d when she was 13.
3. You Wind Me Up - 4:00 - Sounds cute & romantic, almost indie pop-y.
4. Plastic Migraine - 4:44 – Slow, with a trance-like melody.
5. Us/We/Are - 3:35 - Stronger, more indie-esque vocals, but with emo Joyce Manor-esque guitar, bass, & percussion.
6. Hail on Palace pier - 4:49 - Cello? Wonderful buildup with instruments and vocals.
7. I Hate the Flowers - 4:22 - My fave!!! So moody. Leering guitars, melody & vocals soar in chorus.
8. The Carpenter’s Son - 7:46 – Slowest, quietest track with solemn, march-like drums.
9. (Hope) is Just Another Word with a Hole in It - 5:49 - Stoner rhythm on gentle vocals.
|2.||Blue Line Baby||6.||Hail On Palace Pier|
|3.||You Wind Me Up||7.||I Hate The Flowers|
|4.||Plastic Migraine||8.||The Carpenter's Son|
|9.||(Hope) Is Just Another Word With A Hole In It|