|Artist:||Zeiguer, Renata||Added:||Jun 2018|
|Label:||Northern Spy Records|
|Add Date:||2018-06-26||Pull Date:||2018-08-28|
|Week Ending:||Sep 2||Aug 26||Aug 19||Aug 12||Aug 5||Jul 29||Jul 22||Jul 15|
|1.||Sep 07, 2018:||old Fart at Play
Gravity (Old Ghost)
|4.||Aug 26, 2018:||FMF
|2.||Sep 07, 2018:||KZSU Time Traveler
|5.||Aug 25, 2018:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
|3.||Aug 30, 2018:||Ad Hoc Variety Show
|6.||Aug 25, 2018:||Music Casserole
Follow Me Down
Renata Zeiguer (pronounced Z-eye – Grrr) is a singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist who plays art pop-rock with jazzy underpinnings. On “Old Ghost” you can hear the influences of her early piano lessons in Yonkers, New York, and the Latin rhythms of her dad’s homeland, Argentina. After performing and recording with a number of New York City bands through her twenties, she’s released one previous EP — and now this, her first full-length LP. Critics are calling it very mature for a debut. RIYL: Emilie & Ogden, Basia or any jazzy rock artists.
Recommended: 2, 1, 6, 8, 9. No FCCs noted.
1. (3:00) Wayside — Jazzy and jangly. Light, airy and sweet vocals. Some edgy guitar breaking up the otherwise floating feeling. ***
2. (2:59) Bug — Creative, guitar-driven rock, contrasting with Zeiguer’s playful vocals. Swirling synth trappings in places. Interesting lyrics to combat “falling into the basement” due to paranoia. ****
3. (3:28) Below — Shimmering synths. Guitar. Interesting rhythms. Some effects. Lilting vocals.
4. (3:24) After All — Rock that alternates between light and slightly syncopated, and loud and clashy.
5. (3:37) Dreambone — Light and leisurely jazzy pop. Very much like Emilie & Ogden on this one.
6. (4:34) Follow Me Down — Laid-back and soulful ballad. Old-time torch song. Nice guitar work and backing vocals. ***
7. (4:40) Neck Of The Moon — Somewhat strident, discordant rock with a stop-and-go rhythm.
8. (4:25) They Are Growing — Great upbeat drum track, contrasted with ringing guitar and vocals that are lush and dreamy. ***
9. (4:06) Gravity (Old Ghost) — Slinky, melodic synth-based pop-rock. Expressive vocals soaring into Zeiguer’s highest registers. ***
|2.||Bug||6.||Follow Me Down|
|3.||Below||7.||Neck Of The Moon|
|4.||After All||8.||They Are Growing|
|9.||Gravity (Old Ghost)|