|Artist:||St. Matthew||Added:||Apr 2018|
|Add Date:||2018-05-05||Pull Date:||2018-07-07||Charts:|
|Week Ending:||Jul 8||Jul 1||Jun 24||Jun 17||May 20|
|1.||Jul 16, 2023:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!"
|4.||Mar 27, 2022:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!"
|2.||Jun 04, 2023:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!"
|5.||Dec 26, 2021:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!"
|3.||May 28, 2023:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!"
Love Is What We Need
|6.||May 09, 2021:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!"
St. Matthew is a native Jamaican reggae artist similar to Jason Mighty and Mr. Lynx. This project is diverse enough to please the hard-core reggae fan or someone new to the genre because it contains traditional sounds, dancehall rhythms, R&B tracks, and ballads. St. Matthew espouses positive, thought provoking, messages about Jamaica, his religious faith, and the social problems facing the world today in diverse stylings from heavy chat to sweet ballad vocals. If you like Sherwin Gardner, Papa San, Shabba Ranks, or Christafari you will LOVE this album. Fave tracks: 1, 9, 12. No FCCS. Review by Kesha of LJH!
1. 4:04 – Med tempo groove, R&B feel, upbeat, finger snap, staccato keyboard, nice smooth background vocals
2. 3:42 – Med slow tempo groove, island feel, sweet vocals. Guest vocalist Fiyaneer, a big shout out to Jamaica!
3. 3:17 - Soft acoustic guitar intro with speaking. Auto-tune, deep chat, over a very simple, soft beat. Slow tempo.
4. 2:49 – Spoken intro, heavy dancehall beat, med tempo. Fast chat over some slight electronic sounds.
5. 3:27 – Bob Marley-esque beat, spoken intro and then transitions to sweet ballad sound by St. Matthew. Slow tempo.
6. 3:09 – Spoken intro – heavy chat with auto-tune, med tempo, dancehall beat.
7. 3:18 – Med tempo, upbeat feel, nice female background vocals. Staccato keyboard hits throughout.
8. 3:41 – Med/Slow tempo, nice horn accents, and St. Matthew has a more heavy chat style.
9. 3:15 – Med tempo, sweet ballad vocals, acoustic guitar dominant instrument.
10. 3:27 – Spoken intro with organ, nice female background singers, med/slow tempo.
11. 3:10 – Spoken intro – heavier chat, med tempo, with simple piano and synth throughout, and drum machine beat.
12. 3:43 – Spoken intro with siren, real piano ballad, nice vocals. Slow tempo.
|1.||Everything||7.||Cash For Love|
|2.||Jamaica Fi Nice Again (Feat. Fiyaneer)||8.||False Prophet|
|3.||Strange World||9.||Give Him Praises|
|5.||Love Is What We Need||11.||Dem Bias|
|6.||We Want More||12.||Take Heed|