|Artist:||Thorn, Tracey||Added:||Mar 2018|
|Add Date:||2018-03-12||Pull Date:||2018-05-14||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||May 6||Apr 29||Apr 22||Apr 15||Apr 1||Mar 25||Mar 18|
|1.||Feb 04, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler
|4.||Aug 01, 2021:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants (rebroadcast from May 2, 2018)
|2.||Oct 11, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler (rebroadcast from Mar 8, 2019)
|5.||May 01, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler
|3.||Aug 06, 2021:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants (rebroadcast from May 2, 2018)
|6.||Aug 02, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler
Something else said about the record (Thorn's own words):
In a statement, Thorn joked that Record is made up of "nine feminist bangers," adding more seriously, "I think I've always written songs which chronicle the milestones of a woman's life. Different ages and stages, different realities not often discussed in pop lyrics. … Record represents that sense of liberation that comes in the aftermath, from embarking on a whole new 'no fucks given' phase of life." Source: Exclaim!
RIYL: Everything But The Girl, Grimes, Goldfrapp, Eurythmics, and Pixx.
FCC WARNING: 5
Recommended Tracks: 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9
1. (4:17) ** Queen – Upbeat track. You can dance now.
2. (3:03) Air [feat. Shura] – Medium-up tempo. Tasteful electro pop a la Grimes.
3. (2:33) Guitar – Another fast tempo electronic piece. This one reminds me of Erasure’s The Innocents LP period.
4. (4:11) *Smoke – Slow recording. Electro pop ballad. Alison Moyet meets Eurythmics.
5. (8:32) ** Sister [feat. Corinne Bailey Rae] – FCC [Shit]. Catchy medium-up tempo track. Great melody and powerful lyrics. Do not play outside safe harbor.
6. (4:01) * Go – Another slow recording. Nice instrumentation. Fond of the minimal sounds, especially the weird dazzling beat.
7. (2:34) Babies – Medium-up tempo track. Personal and even danceable.
8. (3:41) ** Face – One last slow track here. Dramatic and intimate. Nice instrumentation.
9. (2:57) ** Dancefloor – Upbeat tempo recording with catchy synths. Eurythmics forever.