|Holy Motors / Slow Sundown|
|Artist:||Holy Motors||Added:||Feb 2018|
|Label:||Wharf Cat Records|
|Add Date:||2018-02-16||Pull Date:||2018-04-20|
|Week Ending:||Apr 22||Apr 15||Apr 8||Mar 11||Mar 4||Feb 25|
|1.||Oct 03, 2018:||The Fuzz Deli |
|4.||Apr 04, 2018:||The Fuzz Deli |
|2.||Apr 19, 2018:||The Flannel Underground |
|5.||Mar 08, 2018:||veggie tales: international women's day with Lydia |
|3.||Apr 12, 2018:||Old Fart at Play |
|6.||Mar 03, 2018:||Wild Kingdom |
Slow Sundown is the debut album by Tallinn, Estonia band Holy Motors. Eight tracks of reverb-soaked guitar pop with slow ethereal voices, long guitar solos, and relaxed drum tempos. As I mentioned in my review of their 7” single last year, perfect music for after-hours driving in the countryside.|
RIYL: Mazzy Star, Chelsea Wolfe, Cigarettes After Sex, Slowdive and Beach House.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 3, 4, 7
1. (3:39) ** Honeymooning – Medium tempo. Dramatic. Perfect intro.
2. (4:33) Valley – Slow tempo track. Americana meets slowcore.
3. (4:32) * Silently for Me – Slow tempo. More Americana meets slowcore.
4. (4:08) ** Signs – Medium tempo recording. Nice build-up between the vocals and the guitars. Reverb forever.
5. (3:06) I Will Try – Slow tempo. Quiet, almost atmospheric track.
6. (3:53) * Ghost of Heart – Slow tempo. A distinctive melancholic feeling.
7. (5:52) *** Sleeprydr – Atmospheric guitars. Slow female vocals. Slow tempo. Striking construction. Long guitar solo. Mazzy Star would be proud.
8. (2:22) Outro – Instrumental whispery recording. Influenced by 1960s epic movie scores.
|1.||Honeymooning||5.||I Will Try|
|2.||Valley||6.||Ghost Of Heart|
|3.||Silently For Me||7.||Sleeprydr|