|Label:||Wharf Cat Records|
|Add Date:||2018-01-30||Pull Date:||2018-04-03|
|Week Ending:||Apr 8||Apr 1||Mar 25||Mar 18||Mar 11||Mar 4||Feb 25||Feb 18|
|1.||Dec 26, 2021:||Hot Probs (rebroadcast from Mar 6, 2018)
|4.||Mar 21, 2018:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Birthday Suit
|2.||Apr 03, 2018:||Magnetized Toner
|5.||Mar 14, 2018:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants
|3.||Mar 28, 2018:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants
|6.||Mar 13, 2018:||Waste FM
Something else from the press release:
Noah Anthony walks the line between dark pop and noise on the new Profligate LP, Somewhere Else. Over the Summer of 2016 Profligate began operating as a duo featuring L.A. poet/musician Elaine Kahn on additional vocals and instrumentation. The Somewhere Else LP features tracks they worked on together as well as solo work from Anthony.
RIYL: Windsor For The Derby, Horse Lords, Darkside, Tropic Of Cancer and Depeche Mode’s instrumental passages on their 1986’s LP, Black Celebration.
FCC WARNING: 4
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6
1. (8:06) ** Somewhere Else – Buried in the mix, a distant fast beat, accompanied by controlled white noise bursts, synth parts, a sporadic bass line and ongoing muted vocal. Synthwave ballad.
2. (5:55) * A Circle – Ambient intro, some hushed vocals. By 1:16, a harsh continuous beat jumps in. Hard techno beats and sounds supplement a softly sung darkwave song. Male/female vocals. Peculiar tension.
3. (4:55) * Enlist – Slow/fast beat. Lots of breaks in tempo. Harsh sounds, techno elements, male/fame vocals. Very Darkside. Noteworthy.
4. (5:16) Lose A Little – FCC (Fuck). Medium tempo recording more in the spirit of Morr music classic indietronica sound. Interesting sounds. Male/female vocals. Lots of breaks on tempo.
5. (4:13) *** Black Plate – Upbeat tempo. Solid dancey recording with tints of darkwave and industrial. Reminds me of Lebanon Hanover. My favorite on the album.
6. (5:49) * Jet Black (King of the World) – Ambient industrial. Vocals appeared at 1:51. Dense and expansive.
7. (4:30) Needle in Your Lip – Abstract synthwave. Slow. Female vocals. Curious tension between all elements of the song.
|1.||Somewhere Else||4.||Lose A Little|
|2.||A Circle||5.||Black Plate|
|3.||Enlist||6.||Jet Black (King Of The World)|
|7.||Needle In Your Lip|