|Death Of Lovers / Acrobat , The|
|Album:||Acrobat , The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Death Of Lovers||Added:||Dec 2017|
|Add Date:||2018-03-12||Pull Date:||2018-05-14|
|Week Ending:||May 13||May 6||Apr 22||Apr 15||Apr 8||Apr 1||Mar 25||Mar 18|
|1.||May 12, 2018:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Apr 18, 2018:||The Fuzz Deli |
Orphans Of The Smog
|2.||May 05, 2018:||Radiant Airwaves |
|5.||Apr 17, 2018:||Hot Probs |
|3.||May 02, 2018:||The Fuzz Deli |
|6.||Apr 12, 2018:||Totally A |
Orphans Of The Smog
The Acrobat is the debut album by New York’s Death Of Lovers, the side project of the band Nothing. Exquisite guitar-driven pop taking clues from dark wave, synth-pop and post-punk with beautiful melodies, crafty guitar work and vocals reminiscence of early 1980s new wave. One of the most impressive and inspired releases I heard in 2017.|
RIYL: Drab Majesty, Clan of Xymox, Violens, Escorpio, and A Flock Of Seagulls’ 1982 self-titled debut album.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8
1. (4:21) *** Orphans Of The Smog – Upbeat tempo. Great melody. Solid guitar work. Instant classic.
2. (4:16) *** Here Lies – Slow intro. Fast tempo at :27. Synthesizer driven piece. Melancholic. Synth pop forever.
3. (4:47) ** Ursula In B Major – Medium-up tempo. Guitar driven recording. Think Echo & The Bunnymen meets The Sound.
4. (4:37) * The Lowly People – Medium-up tempo track. Guitars and synths. Reminds me of early Flock of Seagulls.
5. (4:13) ** Perfect History – Upbeat tempo. Guitar driven. Sounds like early Clan Of Xymox. Enjoyable.
6. (5:49) *** Quai d' Orsay – Medium-up tempo recording. Great guitars. Makes me think of late 1980’s modern rock. Especially from Spain. My second favorite track on the album.
7. (4:30) Divine Song – Slow track with measured buildup. Celestial.
8. (5:16) *** The Absolute – Upbeat tempo. Guitar driven. Clan of Xymox meets early Flock of Seagulls. Nice ending.
|1.||Orphans Of The Smog||5.||Perfect History|
|2.||Here Lies||6.||Quai D'orsay|
|3.||Ursula In B Major||7.||Divine Song|
|4.||The Lowly People||8.||The Absolute|