|Album:||As You Please||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Run For Cover|
|Add Date:||2017-10-22||Pull Date:||2017-12-24|
|Week Ending:||Dec 24||Dec 3||Nov 19||Nov 12||Nov 5||Oct 29|
|1.||Jan 20, 2020:||good boy sweater
In The Middle Of It All
|4.||Apr 15, 2019:||indignant, insecure, in taco bell
|2.||Dec 09, 2019:||baggage claim: best of the '10s
|5.||Mar 18, 2019:||wig out at denny's
|3.||Jun 03, 2019:||indignant, insecure, in taco bell
I Forgive No One
|6.||Feb 04, 2019:||wig out at denny's
FCC CLEAN. Recommended: 2, 4, 6, 10, 11, 12 RIYL: Balance And Composure, Pianos Become The Teeth, Breaking Benjamin, You Blew It!
1. Jet (3:44) Thumping drums, grungey bass, anger filled chorus, very typical Citizen track.
2. In The Middle of It All (4:17)*** Fav track! Vocals in between verses are very gospel-like, this chorus is SO catchy, less anger and more melody here, trippy ending with a hint of post-rock drone.
3. As You Please (4:13) Pounding drums in verses, slower in tempo, a bit one-note until it picks up in the middle with heavy hitting post-hardcore guitars and drops again to more pounding drums.
4. Medicine (4:13)** That early 2000’s alt rock vibe shines here, the vocalist’s signature delivery through gritted teeth is prevalent, REALLY heavy breakdown with shouting vocals.
5. Ugly Luck (4:00) One of the more “happy” sounding songs, a little poppy in the chorus, ends to an organ drone.
6. World (3:44)* Verses build to a loud, rocking chorus, “ooh”-ing vocal effects in the background.
7. Fever Days (3:35) Acoustic arpeggio cut short by fuzzy bass, acoustic guitars mix with slamming guitars in the chorus.
8. Control (3:57) More melancholic and subdued post-hardcore sound here, restrained compared to other tracks. Cool dual guitar solo in bridge!
9. Discrete Routine (3:45) Piano, softer vocals, another slow song. Gets more interesting in bridge but a little boring overall.
10. I Forgive No One (4:07)*** This song goes SO HARD. My other fav. Dropped bass, fuzzy vocal effects, howling yell in the chorus. Amazing, unexpected shoe-gazey breakdown before the howls hit you in the face again. Play this!!
11. You Are A Star (4:13)* Hand drums in some parts, single note emo guitars over repetitive lyrics until an awesome post-rock bridge.
12. Flowerchild (4:36)** Soft and acoustic until the middle where the anger builds up, driving guitars to a wall of sound in the bridge. This song is a great closer and is almost like a summary of the sounds of the entire album.
Sam I Am.
|2.||In The Middle Of It All||8.||Control|
|3.||As You Please||9.||Discrete Routine|
|4.||Medicine||10.||I Forgive No One|
|5.||Ugly Luck||11.||You Are A Star|