|Bishop Dready Manning / Gospel Train|
|Artist:||Bishop Dready Manning||Added:||Sep 2017|
|Label:||Music Maker Relief Fund|
|Add Date:||2018-05-05||Pull Date:||2018-07-07||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||Jul 8||Jul 1||Jun 24||Jun 10||Jun 3||May 27||May 20||May 13|
|1.||Jul 07, 2018:||blues with a feelin' |
People Don't Pray
|4.||Jun 24, 2018:||Totally A |
Joy That I Have
|2.||Jul 06, 2018:||Traditions |
Hard Headed Children, Gospel Train, What Was I Doing
|5.||Jun 23, 2018:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Jun 29, 2018:||Totally A |
Joy That I Have
|6.||Jun 22, 2018:||Traditions |
Down-home gospel with great guitar, harp, and vocal. It’s like being part of Manning’s congregation. (He’s the founder of St. Mark’s Holiness Church in North Carolina.) Solid, classic gospel tracks with an infusion of blues. Stripped-down, no-frills, all good. He’s got a rough, lived-in voice that’s perfect for this music. You can play any track. As the Byrd of Paradise would say, “this is the shit.”|
1. Classic midtempo head-nodder with great harp accents.
2. Great, driving gospel train ride blues.
3. Low key down-and-dirty lament.
4. Lowdown watch-out-for-the-devil moan.
5. Driving guitar leads the vocals. Upbeat & serious.
6. Relaxed preaching w/some nice guitar work.
7. Upbeat, you just want to clap along.
8. Female singer, clapping, an upbeat testimony.
9. So good, toe-tapping country-infused gospel. Oh yeah.
10. Fast & lively revival-tent picking & singing.
11. Relaxed and midtempo w/nicely syncopated sound.
12. Lowdown, almost lazy but w/a nice old-time feel.
13. Serious intro into midtempo, driving hymn.
14. Great vocals & strings, mid/upbeat traditional preachin’.
15. Down home, down tempo, down right serious testifying.
16. Female shouting, clapping, driving guitar.
17. Mid/upbeat strings & vocals. Can I get an Amen?
18. Recorded in the church, echo-y acoustics. Upbeat.