|Thee Oh Sees / Orc|
|Artist:||Thee Oh Sees||Added:||Sep 2017|
|Label:||Castle Face Records|
|Add Date:||2017-09-08||Pull Date:||2017-11-10|
|Week Ending:||Nov 12||Nov 5||Oct 29||Oct 22||Oct 15||Oct 8||Oct 1||Sep 24|
|1.||Oct 06, 2022:||Waste FM (rebroadcast from Sep 26, 2017) |
Keys To The Castle
|4.||Nov 08, 2017:||The Fuzz Deli |
The Static God
|2.||Jul 08, 2021:||Magnetized Toner (rebroadcast from Oct 3, 2017) |
|5.||Nov 08, 2017:||The Library |
|3.||Dec 27, 2017:||The Fuzz Deli |
|6.||Nov 04, 2017:||Stringless Balloon Slumber Party Hour |
Oh Sees (they recently chopped off the ‘Thee’ because why not?) are nothing if not prolific. ‘ORC’ is their 19th album (under many names, most only just varying from each other) in their 20 years together. Yet, even as they celebrate two decades, they show no signs of becoming stale. Orc is another classic Oh Sees album that shows no signs of wear and tear anyplace in the operation. About half the record is made up of songs that are a white-hot blast of blown-out guitars, dual drummers bashing the living snot out of their kits, a bassist trying to hold it all together in the middle of a hurricane. |
Like: Ty Segall, Coachwhips, Jay Retard, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard.
Recommend to play: 1, 3, 5, 6, 7
1. The Static God (4:21) - Sweaty, driving song a breeze of oohing harmonies and peppy guitars.
2. Nite Expo (2:57) - Mid tempo synth intro, croaked vocals, fuzzy guitars.
3. Animated Violence (5:06) - Sludge-y guitars, pulsing percussion of dual drumming.
4. Keys To The Castle (8:11) - Hypnotic 70s slumber with loud distorted guitar and drum fills with a beautiful violin.
5. Jettison (5:15) - Mid tempo vaguely psych-rock jazzy.
6. Cadaver Dog (4:51) - Groove winding around synth drones with shimmering guitars.
7. Paranoise (4:29) - Widdling instrumental, ends with a startling bang in the form of a clap of thunder.
8. Cooling Tower (3:36) - Little poppy with synthesizer’s happy buzz, sexy.
9. Drowned Beast (5:03) - Wide and expansive. Stringed, space station soundscape.
10. Raw Optics (6:23) Green light for the band’s two drummers to do their thing.
|1.||The Static God||6.||Cadaver Dog|
|3.||Animated Violence||8.||Cooling Tower|
|4.||Keys To The Castle||9.||Drowned Beast|