|Album:||Awakened By Decay||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||1 Mile North||Added:||Aug 2017|
|Add Date:||2017-09-08||Pull Date:||2017-11-10|
|Week Ending:||Oct 22||Oct 8||Oct 1||Sep 24||Sep 17|
|1.||Jul 01, 2018:||Posturing through Metaphysical Collapse
|4.||Sep 30, 2017:||The Prism Experiment
|2.||Oct 21, 2017:||Music Casserole
|5.||Sep 19, 2017:||Waste FM
|3.||Oct 06, 2017:||Half-Length George
Beyond Darkness, Broken Corners
|6.||Sep 13, 2017:||Brownian Motion
1. *(9:33)—Slowly evolving, interlocking guitar lines. Not quite comforting, but calming. Droning synth becomes more prominent, until the end feels like an opening incantation.
2. (7:52)—Slow, sutble, sliding percussion. Dark, soft 80’s synth. Weird dry piano. Vague dub feel.
3. (8:26)—Woozy, ominous synths. More piano, deep guitar drone. Sits somewhere between slowcore and retro horror soundtrack music.
4. *(8:50)—Very slow, hypnotic guitar that reminds me of Talk Talk’s “Taphead.” Haunting spoken word sample from Bukowski overlaid. Standout favorite.
5. (8:00)—Feels like a continuation of the last track—a desolate, focused guitar meditation. Clouds of glitch. The trudging guitar line at the end sounds like the intro to a doom metal track. And it actually goes full dark post-rock for a minute.
6. (8:39)—Slow, distant, soft drums. Vaporous synth. Holds at a quiet crawl, even though there’s something about this that suggests both doom and 80’s soundtracks again.
7. *(16:36)—Watery, deep, repetitive guitar. Sun-damaged slide lead. Western apocalypse drone. Holds at a simmer, even though it threatens to go full metal. Long clip of a speech by Jiddu Krishnamurti about fear.
|2.||Rocky Beaches||5.||To The Many Places I'll Never Go|
|3.||The Black Sea Between Us||6.||Underground Waves|