|Los Campesinos! / Sick Scenes|
|Artist:||Los Campesinos!||Added:||Aug 2017|
|Add Date:||2017-08-17||Pull Date:||2017-10-19|
|Week Ending:||Oct 22||Oct 15||Oct 8||Oct 1||Sep 24||Sep 17||Sep 10||Sep 3|
|1.||Oct 06, 2022:||Waste FM (rebroadcast from Sep 26, 2017) |
For Whom The Belly Tolls
|4.||Dec 26, 2021:||Hot Probs (rebroadcast from Mar 6, 2018) |
I Broke Up In Amarante
|2.||Aug 26, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler (rebroadcast from Aug 27, 2021) |
|5.||Aug 27, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|3.||Aug 12, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|6.||Jul 31, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|Sam I Am|
Los Campesinos! // Sick Scenes: First off, I have no idea what any of their lyrics mean. Pretty standard indie rock, fond of their acoustic rhythm guitars and thumping drums. Nothing groundbreaking but a pleasant listen, especially when they break out of that formula and add some fun synths.|
FCC: 1, 11. Recommended: 3, 6, 8, 11(FCC!). RIYL: The Strokes, Cende, The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart, Japandroids.
1. Renato Dall’Ara (2008) (2:49) FCC “asshole” @ 1:42. Upbeat indie rock, “woo”-ing vocals throughout chorus and intro.
2. Sad Suppers (3:38) Drums mesh well with bass to drive the thumping rhythm. Uplifting melody and fun guitar solo.
3. I Broke Up In Amarante (3:14)* Pop-punk sound and lyrics. Rest of band provides a bit of supporting vocals in chorus.
4. A Slow, Slow Death (4:01) Acoustic guitars prevail here, with a bit of piano mingling through. Horns add a nice touch to the chorus.
5. The Fall Of Home (2:57) More acoustic guitars, with bells and strings. Mellow sound, very calming.
6. 5 Flucloxacillin (3:09)** By far the best and catchiest track. A bit reminiscent of 90’s pop-rock.
7. Here’s To The Fourth Time! (3:46) Electric piano plays same notes throughout, another mid tempo indie rock song.
8. For Whom The Belly Tolls (3:24)* Synths in the background to the fuzzy guitars. Some vocal filters in the chorus. Short and kind of weird? slow down of pace in the middle.
9. Got Stendhal’s (5:27) Slow, drawn out intro until drums come in at 0:43ish. Pianos follow vocalists notes, somber and restrained. Nice guitar solo midway through that helps pick up the pace.
10. A Litany/Heart Swells (3:27) Quiet intro before guitar comes in. Pretty piano and emotional vocal delivery, I’ll call this an indie ballad.
11. Hung Empty (4:30)* FCC: “dickhead”. Electronic drum loop, electro keyboard follows through. Fun, jangly power-pop with tambourine.
Sam I Am.
|1.||Renato Dall?Ara (2008)||6.||5 Flucloxacillin|
|2.||Sad Suppers||7.||Here's To The Fourth Time!|
|3.||I Broke Up In Amarante||8.||For Whom The Belly Tolls|
|4.||A Slow, Slow Death||9.||Got Stendhal's|
|5.||The Fall Of Home||10.||A Litany/Heart Swells|