|Album:||B-Sides And Rarities||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Beach House||Added:||Jun 2017|
|Label:||Sub Pop Records|
|Add Date:||2017-06-28||Pull Date:||2017-08-30|
|Week Ending:||Aug 27||Aug 20||Aug 13||Aug 6||Jul 30||Jul 23||Jul 16||Jul 2|
|1.||May 24, 2023:||mitchell's library
|4.||Jan 19, 2023:||fresh musical preserves!
|2.||May 14, 2023:||mitchell's library
|5.||Nov 17, 2022:||fresh musical preserves!
|3.||Feb 08, 2023:||mitchell's library
|6.||Aug 24, 2017:||moodswings
Related: Grizzly Bear, Atlas Sound, Foxes in Fiction, Julia Holter
Favorites: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10
1. (5:16) ** Chariot—Glowing organ, lush calm atmosphere, strong commanding vox. Bass kicks in slowly. Watch for the classic Scally guitar solo!
2. (3:02) * Baby—From 2009. Raw guitar and organ in a spare arrangement. This takes me back…
3. (3:42) ** Equal Mind—Joyous shining organ and found sounds. Strong guitar solo. Deep bass and piano finish things off exultantly.
4. (4:05) Used to Be (2008 Single Version)—Echoey, erratic pop. Charming. The more filled-out album version works better, imo.
5. (4:07) * White Moon (iTunes Session Remix)—Soft chiming organ, tambourine, guitar. Full vox.
6. (4:36) ** Baseball Diamond—Lo-fi bedroom pop. Lilting strains of guitar and organ weave through. Slow, hazy vox.
7. (3:16) Norway (iTunes Session Remix)—Eerie, sorrowful. Strong drum machine and chiming guitar. Fuller sound towards end.
8. (4:18) * Play the Game—Queen cover. Dreamy, softly swaying. Mostly vox, shakers, some guitar. Voice goes to amazing heights here.
9. (5:04) ** The Arrangement—Ringing, joyous piano and soaring vox. Guitars come in and switch off in prominence with piano. Last 1.5 mins are killer, gets very Julia Holter.
10. (4:30) * Saturn Song—Slow & spacious vox, synths, organ. Field recordings from outer space.
11. (2:26) Rain in Numbers—Vox sound different, might be Scally. Overall doleful and lo-fi, just vox and piano that sounds like it’s riffing off of “Yellow” by Coldplay :O
12. (3:11) I Do Not Care for the Winter Sun—Full, lonesome vox. Strummed guitar and gliding piano.
13. (5:30) 10 Mile Stereo (Cough Syrup Remix)—Plodding, weighty track. Distant and expansive vox.
14. (3:26) Wherever You Go—Mid-tempo, lo-fi, world-weary pop. Sounds like something off of Devotion.