|Ditto, Beth / Fake Sugar|
|Artist:||Ditto, Beth||Added:||Jun 2017|
|Add Date:||2017-06-21||Pull Date:||2017-08-23|
|Week Ending:||Aug 20||Aug 13||Aug 6||Jul 30||Jul 23||Jul 16||Jul 9||Jul 2|
|1.||Oct 25, 2022:||Totally A (rebroadcast from Jul 6, 2017) |
Do You Want Me To
|4.||Feb 18, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|2.||Oct 07, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|5.||Nov 17, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler (rebroadcast from Nov 12, 2021) |
|3.||Mar 25, 2022:||Magnetized Toner:Eclectic Summer (rebroadcast from Jun 20, 2017) |
Oo La La
|6.||Nov 12, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler |
Fake Sugar is the debut album by ex-Gossip singer, Beth Ditto. This is the most polished version of the different sound incarnations Beth Ditto has ever experimented through with (The) Gossip and as a soloist. And are all here in this album – garage, disco, 1970s classic rock, electroclash, late 20th century rock ballads, and contemporary dance pop. Fake Sugar might sound eclectic and saturated but it works due to its sophisticated construction highlighting Beth Ditto’s startling vocals with appealing riffs, beats, and melodies. Fake Sugar reminds me of music artists like Bat For Lashes and Feist are producing these days: personal, resourceful, and hard to classify.|
RIYL: Grace Jones, Etta James, Bat For Lashes, Gossip and label Kill Rock Stars.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9
1. (3:11) ***Fire – Guitar driven rocker with a slow first minute and 120 seconds of pure Beth Ditto magic. Electro blues for everyone.
2. (3:42) In And Out – Slow/medium-up tempo electro pop track. 1980s pop forever.
3. (3:31) *Fake Sugar – Another slow/medium-up tempo recording with touches of Americana and contemporary R&B. Solid.
4. (3:39) **Savoir Faire – Medium-up tempo electro pop song. Sticky.
5. (3:31) We Could Run – Another slow/medium-up tempo pop rock track. Dramatic.
6. (3:46) **Oo La La – Medium-up electro blues recording with a great attitude and melody. One my favorites in Fake Sugar.
7. (3:05) *Go Baby Go – Slow/medium-up tempo electro pop tune. Great vocals.
8. (4:46) Oh My God – Guitar riff, medium tempo, intense vocals. Very 1980s pop.
9. (4:05) *Love In Real Life – Slow pop ballad. The 1980s influence continues. Stevie Nicks would be proud.
10. (3:09) Do You Want Me To – Medium-up tempo electro pop song. Catchy.
11. (3:38) Lover – Another pop ballad. Feels very 2008 electro pop.
12. (2:32) Clouds (Song For John) – Slow track. Some synths accompanying the vocals.
|1.||Fire||7.||Go Baby Go|
|2.||In And Out||8.||Oh My God|
|3.||Fake Sugar||9.||Love In Real Life|
|4.||Savoir Faire||10.||Do You Want Me To|
|5.||We Could Run||11.||Lover|
|6.||Oo La La||12.||Clouds (Song For John)|