|Album:||Stone Garden E.P.||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Kikagaku Moyo||Added:||May 2017|
|Add Date:||2017-06-08||Pull Date:||2017-08-10|
|Week Ending:||Aug 13||Aug 6||Jul 23||Jun 25||Jun 18||Jun 11|
|1.||Nov 08, 2022:||Alien Hour
In A Coil
|4.||Nov 21, 2017:||Magnetized Toner
|2.||Mar 25, 2022:||Magnetized Toner:Eclectic Summer (rebroadcast from Jun 20, 2017)
|5.||Sep 08, 2017:||Magnetized Summer (Late Night Session 2)
|3.||Jan 16, 2018:||Magnetized Toner: Best of 2017 (Part 3)
|6.||Aug 09, 2017:||The Fuzz Deli
In A Coil
Here’s something else from the press release:
Stone Garden started in a basement studio in Prague with a nearly continuous session over several days and nights. The original concept was influenced by the raw and seemingly endless jams of psychedelic pioneers. The freeform songs that emerged from these sessions were refined over several months at the band's home in Tokyo where each song was sculpted into an uncommon form. This record enabled the band to experiment not only with instrumentation but also atonality and a playful approach to mixing.
RIYL: PSF records, Acid Mothers Temple & the Melting Paraiso U.F.O., Moon Duo, Bardo Pond, and Feral Ohms.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4
1. (6:22) ***Backlash – Instrumental dirty and fuzzy upbeat track full of energy and distortion. Epic.
2. (8:47) *Nobakitani – More of a standard psych-folk recording driven by a sitar-sounding guitar. Medium tempo. Long buildups.
3. (3:54) **Trilobites – A more contained sequel to the opening track. Less distorted but more cosmic.
4. (6:08) ***In a Coil – Upbeat fuzzer searching for the fifth dimension.
5. (4:11) Floating Leaf – Hybrid of track one and three. Still noisy and intergalactic.
|2.||Nobakitani||4.||In A Coil|