|Artist:||Distant Reader||Added:||Apr 2017|
|Label:||Lily Tapes & Discs|
|Add Date:||2017-05-10||Pull Date:||2017-07-12|
|Week Ending:||Jul 9||Jun 18||Jun 11||Jun 4||May 28||May 21|
|1.||Jul 08, 2017:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
|4.||Jun 06, 2017:||Magnetized Toner
Face Blindness And J
|2.||Jul 08, 2017:||Music Casserole
|5.||May 30, 2017:||Magnetized Toner
Life Believed In Itself, Finally
|3.||Jun 14, 2017:||Reckless Burning
|6.||May 27, 2017:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
Related: Rivulets, Bedhead, Sun Kil Moon, Jason Molina
1. (7:02) *** Agreement—Mid-tempo, yearning folk. Soars towards the end. “The light here’s overpowering and I’m still trying to learn to breathe”
2. (4:56) Chairs—Slow, vulnerable. Vocals at the forefront.
3. (8:32) ** Life Believed in Itself, Finally—Contemplative folk, quietly optimistic. Great fingerpicked guitar break. Reminds me of Sun Kil Moon’s classical guitar work.
4. (6:45) *** Face Blindness and J—Ponderous guitar opening. Steadily builds in more distortion. Soft fade.
5. (8:13) ** Shell—Bassy resonant intro. Moody with ghostly reverb. “I know my old voice cracks through the phone. I take two years to write this song. I’m reaching back to you now.”
6. (5:37) *** With—Glowing, choral, transcendent. Reaches Ian William Craig heights. “To fire, fire. All is not. Love lift us.”
7. (6:16) *** First Try—Lonesome, fading folk with a trace of strength. Strong Sunbather feel to these lyrics. “A soft ochre light washed the town away today so we could build our half-made hopes in its haze”
|1.||Agreement||4.||Face Blindness And J|
|3.||Life Believed In Itself, Finally||6.||With|