|Spoon / Hot Thoughts|
|Add Date:||2017-04-05||Pull Date:||2017-06-07|
|Week Ending:||Jun 11||Jun 4||May 28||May 21||May 14||May 7||Apr 30||Apr 23|
|1.||Oct 04, 2022:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants (rebroadcast from Apr 27, 2017) |
|4.||Jun 02, 2022:||Totally A (rebroadcast from Apr 30, 2017) |
Can I Sit Next To You
|2.||Sep 08, 2022:||Sonic Slop (rebroadcast from May 30, 2017) |
Can I Sit Next To You
|5.||Dec 16, 2021:||The Library (rebroadcast from Apr 5, 2017) |
|3.||Jun 21, 2022:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|6.||Dec 03, 2021:||Forest for the Trees (rebroadcast from May 16, 2017) |
Austin Texas' indie rockers Spoon's 9th album finds them back on Matador after a 7 album hiatus. It's a solid indie dance rocker from the band I think of as the legitimate heir to INXS with a bit of Austin's punk sensibility added in. 9 toe tappers, with a 10th Love&Rockets style sax weirdo thrown in at the end. |
Favorites: 1, 6
1. "Hot Thoughts" **** 3:48 - The hit. Danceable with a killer beat. Mid tempo booty shaker. Classic Spoon groove. More cowbell.
2. "WhisperI'lllistentohearit" 4:20 - Krauty synth intro. Breathy vocal start. Mid tempo. Kicks in at 2 minutes. Too much echo for me. Last minute kicks ass.
3. "Do I Have to Talk You Into It" 4:20 - Low to mid tempo steady heavy beat drum centric head banger. More Spoon grooves. Some nice piano work here.
4. "First Caress" 2:48 - Up tempo foot tapper. Doesn't stand out. Spoon doing it's dance rock thing."Coconut milk coconut water, you still like to tell me they're the same. Abrupt ending.
5. "Pink Up" 5:57 - Nice tambo and glockenspiel keyboards intro. Mid to up tempo. Quietish but still with a danceable beat.
6. "Can I Sit Next to You" *** 3:54 - Another twangy funky Spoon dance rock classic. More handclap. Nice keyboard atmospherics.
7. "I Ain't the One" 3:47 - Keyboard dominant 70s toe tapper. Kinda Joe Jacksonish if he had a badass rhythm section. Lots of Oohs and Heys.
8. "Tear It Down" 4:20 - Mid tempo piano driven beat. Some Nana-ing going on here. Piano reminds me of a Beatles tune I can't put my finger on. Bright shiny crescendo ending with Ahs.
9. "Shotgun" 3:38 - Up tempo dance rocker. This could Le be a long lost INXS tune.
10. "Us" 4:57 - Love and Rockets style sax weirdness. Rain. Kettle drum. Great for psa and uw backing.
|1.||Hot Thoughts||6.||Can I Sit Next To You|
|2.||Whisperi?Lllistentohearit||7.||I Ain?T The One|
|3.||Do I Have To Talk You Into It||8.||Tear It Down|