|King Woman / Created In The Image Of Suffering|
|Album:||Created In The Image Of Suffering||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||King Woman||Added:||Feb 2017|
|Add Date:||2017-02-22||Pull Date:||2017-04-26||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Apr 9||Apr 2||Mar 12||Feb 26|
|1.||Jun 28, 2017:||The Fuzz Deli |
|4.||Mar 11, 2017:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Apr 08, 2017:||Reckless Burning (The Wasteland) |
|5.||Feb 25, 2017:||Reckless Burning |
|3.||Mar 31, 2017:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Feb 25, 2017:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
Local! Originally a solo effort from Kristina Esfandiari (formerly of Whirr), King Woman has evolved into a full band that makes dense, droning shoegaze/doom metal. This release was recorded at the Atomic Garden in East Palo Alto and inspired by themes of religious and mental torment. It’s got a certain gloom that feels transcendent, tortured, and deeply human. Another great release from Relapse Records.|
Related: Marriages, Chelsea Wolfe, True Widow ‘Avvolgere’
1. (1:09) Citios—The words “created in the image of suffering” looped over increasing noise.
2. (3:10) Utopia—Dense, urgent, evil.
3. (3:54) ** Deny—Brighter, more melodic, with echoing vocals.
4. (3:40) *** Shame—Languishing, dreamlike, desperate.
5. (7:59) **** Hierophant—Nostalgic, widescreen dream rock. Music for driving aimlessly as the sun sets.
6. (4:37) ** Worn—Hazy, pummeling, driving.
7. (6:16) Manna—Starts off like a church choir. Ripping guitars, melted voices.
8. (8:05) *** Hem—Slow, tortured, apocalyptic. Choral finish.