|Artist:||Drab Majesty||Added:||Jan 2017|
|Add Date:||2017-02-08||Pull Date:||2017-04-12|
|Week Ending:||Apr 16||Apr 9||Mar 26||Mar 12||Feb 26||Feb 19||Feb 12|
|1.||Jul 27, 2022:||The Fuzz Deli
Dot In The Sky
|4.||Mar 17, 2018:||808s and Satanic Rites (Deluxe Ed. with Bonus Tracks)
39 By Design
|2.||Jan 24, 2019:||Being as an ocean
|5.||Jan 23, 2018:||Waste FM
Not Just A Name
|3.||Oct 09, 2018:||Magnetized Toner
Too Soon To Tell
|6.||Jan 23, 2018:||M.T.: 1STHR-Best of 2017 (Part 4); 2NDHR-Reissues ; 3RDHR-Regular M.T.
Too Soon To Tell
Related: Cold Cave, Sisters of Mercy, Dais Records/LA goths
1. (0:59) Induction—Steadily building synthscape that leads into the next track. Play together.
2. (5:27) *** Dot in the Sky—Propulsive, uplifting, with a powerful chorus.
3. (5:00) *** 39 by Design—Bit more somber, with blurred vocals that let the synths and hissing electronic noises stand out.
4. (6:03) *** Not Just a Name—Melancholy, yearning vocals and more muted synths. Gets into something more driving towards the end.
5. (2:45) Hath No Form—Glowing ambient interlude.
6. (4:07) ** Too Soon to Tell—Driving drum machines, earnest vocals, soaring.
7. (5:26) *** Cold Souls—“The single.” Uplifting synth nostalgia with a beautiful cosmic outro. Probably incredible live.
8. (1:07) A Spire Points at the Heavens—Metallic ambience. The faintest sounds of voices.
9. (3:48) ** Kissing the Ground—Extremely fast, urgent.
10. (4:54) ** Forget Tomorrow—Dark, grimy 80s goth feel. Creative synths in the second half.
11. (6:05) * Behind the Wall—Intense, snarling vocals and a sense of urgency. Some dreamy parts. Long, cloudy ambient fade.
12. (5:22) * Too Soon to Tell (Cold Cave Remix)—Classic remix from these darkwave weirdos. Extremely fast shooting beats and falsetto vox. If you like Cold Cave you’ll dig this.
13. (5:35) Forget Tomorrow (Drew McDowall Remix)—Harsh noise and stark almost spoken vocals.
14. (4:48) * 39 by Design (Martial Canterel Remix)—Super downtempo and dreamy, reminded me instantly of Ulrich Schnauss.
15. (4:10) ** Kissing the Ground (Silent Servant Remix)—Driving head-nodding ethereal wrapped in a silver sheen.