|Seratones / Get Gone|
|Label:||Fat Possum Records|
|Add Date:||2017-03-01||Pull Date:||2017-05-03|
|Week Ending:||Apr 30||Apr 23||Apr 9||Apr 2||Mar 26||Mar 19||Mar 12||Mar 5|
|1.||Apr 25, 2017:||Forest for the Trees |
|4.||Apr 01, 2017:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Apr 17, 2017:||Everything A to Z - Week 83 |
|5.||Mar 30, 2017:||Totally A |
|3.||Apr 06, 2017:||The Nucleus |
|6.||Mar 23, 2017:||Totally A |
Get Gone, the debut album by the Shreveport, Louisiana natives in Seratones, A.J. Haynes (vocals), Connor Davis (guitar), Adam Davis (bass) and Jesse Gabriel (drums). Southern musicality combined with garage rock recorded at Dial Back Sound studios in Mississippi, Get Gone is all live takes with Seratones in their element.|
FCCs: 1 (shit), 7 (fuck yeah)
Favorites: 1 (FCC), 3
1. FCC ** (2:30) Choking On Your Spit - Uptempo. Female rock and blues lead vocals. Rock drums and guitar with defiant punk edge. Guitar solo. Intentional mic feedback. Music drops out for bass guitar solo riff then concludes with driving double guitars, loud cymbals and a final vocal scoop.
2. (3:04) Headtrip - Uptempo. Rock double guitars and goes back and forth between heavy straight drum beats and a breakbeat with tambourine. Guitar solo.
3. ** (4:41) Tide - Relaxed tempo and electric and acoustic guitars highlighted with bells and keyboard. Nice transitions. Latter part of song adds backup vocals that reminded me of The Beatle's Hey Jude.
4. (3:01) Chandelier - Breakbeat drum intro to straight rhythm. Guitar solo. Rock and alt-rock vibe. Nice bass line. Brief drum breaks.
5. ** (3:16) Sun - Uptempo driving rock song with guitar pedals. Takes a brief surf-rock break.
6. ** (4:01) Get Gone - Downtempo rock. Guitars give more space in this song for the lead vocals.
7. FCC ** (2:59) Trees - Uptempo. Tom tom drums. Guitar solo. Some psychedelic rock influences. Vocals had a little Janice Joplin flavor to it. FCC "fuck yeah" right at the end after song finishes.
8. (3:00) Kingdom Come - Uptempo bossa cymbal beat goes into a driving rock beat and then switches back and forth throughout between double-tempo and half-time beats. Guitar solo with monster vocals ends the song.
9. (4:09) Don't Need It - Smoky rock ballad. Guitar solo with backup vocals. Heavy rock conclusion with lingering guitar amp.
10. (4:32) Take It Easy - Surf rock. Guitar reverb, backup vocals and ride cymbals. Guitar solo. Song begins to softly fade away at 0:25.
11. (4:18) Keep Me - Slow rock. Acoustic guitar with electric guitar. Dreamy keyboards and bedtime story vocals with a Nancy Sinatra feel.
|1.||Choking On Your Spit||6.||Get Gone|
|4.||Chandelier||9.||Don't Need It|
|5.||Sun||10.||Take It Easy|