|Smoke Season / Ouroboros Ep|
|Artist:||Smoke Season||Added:||Jan 2017|
|Add Date:||2017-03-01||Pull Date:||2017-05-03|
|Week Ending:||Apr 30||Apr 16||Apr 9||Apr 2||Mar 26||Mar 19||Mar 12||Mar 5|
|1.||Oct 04, 2022:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants (rebroadcast from Apr 27, 2017) |
When The Smoke Clears
|4.||Apr 27, 2017:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
When The Smoke Clears
|2.||May 11, 2022:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Mar 4, 2017) |
|5.||Apr 14, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|3.||May 05, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|6.||Apr 07, 2017:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
Smoke Season, a duo out of Hollywood, California conceived in 2013 combines a blend of psychedelic americana and electronic soul. Their EP, Ouroboros is 4 tunes bookended by Intro and Outro instrumental tracks. Gabrielle Wortman (vocals) and Jason Rosen both grew up around the NYC area. Their sound stems from what they call “east coast heads and west coast hearts."Jason Rosen describes the direction of the songs on this release as "1 part electronic beats, 1 part psychedelic soul and 2 parts whiskey under the Mojave Desert stars.”|
Favorites: 4, 5
1. (1:15) Intro - Synths and distortion followed by electric guitar and humming synths then transitions smoothly into 2nd track
2. (3:56) Loose - Electric guitar eighth notes. 80s rock ballad love song feel in first 2 minutes. alto female lead vocals. drums drop out temporarily at around 2min. Last 2 minutes takes on a more dreamy soundscape with vocal echos and elongated flute notes.
3. (5:03) When the Smoke Clears - Female vocal sample tapped out to create song's beat along with hi-hat, kick drum and synth blocks. Female lead vocals with male vocal accompaniment underneath. Airy female western syncopation vocals for the chorus is accompanied by staccato piano chord and note strikes, kick drum and electric guitar. Crescendo in second verse vocals with exclamation at 3:35. Electric guitars lead to the end with synths.
4. ** (3:40) Emilia - Electric guitar with gentle female lead vocals. Layered vocals in chorus. Drums enter in last minute.
5. * (4:43) Santa Rosa - Guitars and synth drums. Chorus crescendos to big direct staccato vocals with synth drums filtered in and out. Keyboards added in. Rhythm and cymbals drop out at 3:13 leaving vocals and synth strings that leads directly into outro.
6. (0:56) Outro - Vocal notes are extended supported by synths and fading into electronic blips and beeps.
|3.||When The Smoke Clears||6.||Outro|