|Springtime Carnivore / Midnight Room|
|Artist:||Springtime Carnivore||Added:||Oct 2016|
|Add Date:||2016-10-19||Pull Date:||2016-12-18|
|Week Ending:||Dec 11||Dec 4||Nov 20||Nov 13||Nov 6||Oct 30||Oct 23|
|1.||Feb 10, 2023:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|4.||Oct 02, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|2.||Mar 25, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|5.||Jan 04, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|3.||Feb 19, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler |
Raised By Wolves
|6.||Oct 11, 2018:||regular school |
Under The Spell
“Midnight Room” Springtime Carnivore|
Exceptional album by L.A.-based singer-songwriter, Greta Morgan. A tasty blend of melodic indie pop, folk-rock and psychedelic. Morgan is the former lead singer of Gold Motel and has toured with La Sera. Much of the album was created coming out of a difficult breakup. It was produced by the producer for Future Islands and Beach House. Somewhat reminiscent of Rilo Kiley/Jenny Lewis and even Sea of Bees on some tracks. Really well written and arranged — without being overly slick. Highly recommended!
Recommended: 1, 5, 7, 4, 10. No FCCs detected.
1. (4:12) Midnight Room — Rapidly strummed acoustic guitar with a hint of synth. Dreamy, soaring vocals. Crisp rhythm. Ringing guitar in lead break. ****
2. (3:43) Face in the Moon — Up-tempo anthem supported by plinky piano, synths, electronic beat, and lilting, melancholy vocals. ****
3. (3:39) Into the Avalanche — More prominent piano with wistful vocals. Painting a midnight blue dreamscape.
4. (4:52) Double Infinity — Intricate 80s ballad showcasing shimmering synths. Persistent tom-tom beat. Plaintive vocals. ***
5. (3:32) Raised by Wolves — Up-tempo, driving, almost alt country, dressed up with sparkling synths. Busy bass line. Vocals in upper range. ****
6. (4:12) Nude Polaroids — Fragile and intricate. Strummed guitar with flute-like synths and chimes. Vocals float above. Saxophone trail-out.
7. (4:26) Under the Spell — Rock anthem feeling — like an old Fleetwood Mac tune. Guitar. Lots of keyboards. ***
8. (3:31) Wires Crossing — Swelling synths, brushes on drums, and sad expressive vocals. Full chorus throughout. Piano in lead breaks.
9. (4:30) Bad Dream Baby — Very deliberate pace. Tribal drums. Harpsichord. Chime-y guitars. Definitely Sea of Bees here.
10. (3:28) Rough Magic — (Room ambiance for 5 sec. at start) Soaringly, achingly sentimental. Lonely, longing, cathedral-like vocals. Simple, repeating piano. Great closer! ***
|1.||Midnight Room||6.||Nude Polaroids|
|2.||Face In The Moon||7.||Under The Spell|
|3.||Into The Avalanche||8.||Wires Crossing|
|4.||Double Infinity||9.||Bad Dream Baby|
|5.||Raised By Wolves||10.||Rough Magic|