|Album:||Holo Pleasures / California Dreamin'||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Elvis Depressedly||Added:||Sep 2016|
|Label:||Run For Cover|
|Add Date:||2016-09-25||Pull Date:||2016-11-27|
|Week Ending:||Nov 6||Oct 30||Oct 16||Oct 9||Oct 2|
|1.||Nov 26, 2019:||Magnetized Toner: With Guest DJs Pixel and DJ Away
|4.||Jul 22, 2017:||night tapes 11
|2.||Feb 08, 2018:||veggie tales
|5.||Jun 27, 2017:||All Passion No Technique
|3.||Nov 09, 2017:||All Passion No Technique
|6.||Apr 01, 2017:||Homeroom
RIYL Girls, Clark and the Himselfs, Wild Nothing, early Quasi, Molly Nilsson, Teen Suicide, Kurt Vile, early Of Montreal
1. Okay (1:55) FCC f*ck med-slow. sunny summer blues.
2. Pepsi/Coke Suicide **(2:33) slow. persistent reverb, gauzy synth, gentle beat. I am reminded strongly of MBV’s Sometimes… haunting, earnest, and lovely.
3. Inside You (1:41) med. short and sweet with some “woo-ooh”s. “the world is ending inside you/let it love you to death.”
4. Teeth (1:20) FCC f*ck. med-slow. opens on warbled vocals, brings in a nice punchy tom with psych vibes
5. Weird Honey **(2:36) FCC f*ck. med. so good! one of those perfect blends of acrid and sugary. dreamy strumming and a very nice Electronic Renaissance-esque instrumental fade out. “if there’s a cold spot in hell, I hope you get it.”
6. Thinning Out (2:09) med-slow. strings! strings that lead us through tender harmonies and daydreams. “it’s not as good or bad as it seems.”
7. Angel Cum Clean (2:07) slow. organs, shakers, and a ton of uppers and downers. vox reminiscent of a Cherry Glazerr/Avi Buffalo duet. perhaps one of the more forgettable tracks.
8. *Slip (2:01) med-slow. catchy. plucky piano and chugging beat that sound almost retro, though the sentiment is bitter once more.
9. Cop Poet (1:28) slow. definitely different w/ strange flutelike keys, a woodblock??, more maracas. superficially playful but darker and violent underneath. it just manages to work.
10. *Holo Pleasures (California Deaming) (1:50) slow. got that male/fem duet going again over a lone guitar until drums and a very nice solo. bittersweet again.
11. **Nakamura (2:27) med-slow. great combo of psychic heaviness and strong bass cloaked under a romantic and eerie synth backing.
12. *Up In The Air (2:06) slow. video game keys and a song structure of color static limbo, suspension, that reflects the title “up in the air.” “all of the feeling that kept me alive no longer lives here.” very nice layered closer.
|1.||Okay||7.||Angel Cum Clean|
|3.||Inside You||9.||Cop Poet|
|4.||Teeth||10.||Holo Pleasures (California Dreamin')|
|6.||Thinning Out||12.||Up In The Air|