|Add Date:||2016-10-11||Pull Date:||2016-12-11||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Dec 4||Nov 6||Oct 30||Oct 23||Oct 16|
|1.||Jul 15, 2017:||night tapes 10
Angel Speak Ft. Melo-X
|4.||Nov 02, 2016:||deep storage
|2.||Dec 01, 2016:||Clean Copper Radio
Morphogene Ft. Ruckazoid
|5.||Nov 01, 2016:||The Offbeat Generation
Morphogene Ft. Ruckazoid
|3.||Nov 29, 2016:||The Offbeat Generation
White Crown Ft. Tosin Abasi
|6.||Oct 27, 2016:||All Passion No Technique
Tell U Ft. Rochelle Jordan
Label: Ninja Tune
Human Energy follows two previous full-lengths for Ninja Tune: 2013's Vapor City and 2014's Vapor City Archives. Human Energy features a number of vocalists, including Kevin Hussein on "Dos Puertas" and Dawn Richards, AKA DAWN, on "Do It 4 U." (Stewart also produced her single, "Not Above That," which kicked off the former Danity Kane singer's 2016 career revival.) R&B singer Jesse Boykins III makes a cameo on the album, as does Toronto singer-songwriter Rochelle Jordan.
Favorites: 2, 3, 4, 6
1. (2:10) Lapis - ascending arpeggio intro fades off last 20 seconds leading into second track.
2. (3:42) Morphogene ft. Ruckazoid - Starts with sparse bells, pace quickens with Ruckazoid's vocals in the very next bars. Machinedrum's choppy beat style takes front stage then giving away to Ruckazoid's vocals again and the back and forth continues to the song's conclusion.
3. (3:08) Angel Speak ft. MeLo-X - MeLo-X vocals act as hype man to Machinedrum's celestial melody breaking in and out of a reggaeton beat.
4. (3:03) Tell U ft. Rochelle Jordan - begins with a r&b flavor and progresses into more stair stepped layers until it becomes chunky electro beats with Rochelle Jordan's vocals morphing digitally deeper
5. (0:46) Surfed Out ft. Roses Gabor - brief break of ocean waves and synth vox
6. (3:25) Do It 4 U ft. DAWN - upbeat sunny synths backing up DAWN's vocals, bridge after 2 minutes hands off to final 30 seconds with Machinedrum's signature drum barrage
7. (2:38) Celestial Levels ft. Jesse Boykins III - subdued beat starts with strings backs up JBIII's vocals and transforms into angelic and heavenly rhythms
8. (3:13) Isometrix - hard house sound switches off to breakbeat style and swapping multi-track synth samples. in the final minute, the hook settles in and fades away.
9. (2:17) Spectrum Sequence - synth voices ROYGBIV, with tick tock rhythms
10. (3:18) White Crown ft. Tosin Abasi - fast fugue-like guitar by Tosin Abasi (from Animals As Leaders), bass drum beats gradually layered in, bass falls away in last minute and knocks back with 20 seconds left
11. (2:57) Ocean Of Thought - sample of male voice narrating with strings and airy synths
12. (1:38) Etheric Body Temple - brief soundscape of church pipe organ intro followed by attacking synths
13. (3:02) Dos Puertas ft. Kevin Hussein - Kevin Hussein rap vocals over a subtle approached trap beat
14. (3:04) Opalescent - bells and violins in first minute, celestial vox layers and electrically heavy synths. Bird tweets and flute sounds in the last 20 seconds.
15. (3:20) Colour Communicator - Female robotic vocals and childish squeals with 808-like snaps and ticks. Rhythm drops out in last 30 seconds giving way to a synth wash.