|Add Date:||2016-07-19||Pull Date:||2016-09-18|
|Week Ending:||Sep 18||Sep 11||Sep 4||Aug 28||Aug 21||Aug 14||Aug 7||Jul 31|
|1.||Aug 21, 2021:||Sludge Music Show
|4.||Oct 25, 2018:||Jams Run Free
|2.||May 31, 2021:||Best Of Everything
Burn The Witch
|5.||Jun 05, 2018:||Music for Misfits
|3.||May 25, 2019:||Alien Hour
|6.||May 10, 2018:||The Flannel Underground
Burn The Witch
1. (3:41) ** Burn the Witch—Upbeat, rising action, strings, stretched and soaring vocals.
2. (6:24) Daydreaming—Dreamy slow piano rock. Excessive strings in last two minutes.
3. (4:41) **** Decks Dark—Vaguely trip-hop in the beginning. Floaty, slow steady drumming, chilled and cosmic. I am a fan.
4. (3:45) ** Desert Island Disk—Midtempo. Acoustic guitar, early May feel, sorta Nick Drake. “You know what I mean” repeated over and over.
5. (6:07) **** Ful Stop—Motorik, krautrock, churning, spooky. “The foul taste of medicine.” Repetitive synth line over Thom’s mournful vocals and layers of ambience towards the end. Good stuff.
6. (2:53) * Glass Eyes—Slow, pensive, melancholic. Strings, piano, vocal-driven.
7. (4:27) Identikit—Funky drumming and bass, gets really liturgical and outsized at times.
8. (5:46) *** The Numbers—Midtempo. Cascading aqueous keys, thick lustrous acoustic guitars, constant contemplative bass, string fills at end. Soul-fulfilling.
9. (5:07) Present Tense—Fast fingerpicked Jack Johnson type track, “beach music”, eh.
10. (5:04) Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief—Smokey. Piano, Thom’s bored wail, strings.
11. (4:43) ** True Love Waits—Piano and vocals. Sorrowful, sincere. Aw, that broke me.
|1.||Burn The Witch||6.||Glass Eyes|
|3.||Decks Dark||8.||The Numbers|
|4.||Desert Island Disk||9.||Present Tense|
|5.||Ful Stop||10.||Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief|
|11.||True Love Waits|