|Label:||Sundar Music Co.|
|Add Date:||2016-06-27||Pull Date:||2016-08-28||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||Aug 21||Aug 14||Aug 7||Jul 31||Jul 24||Jul 17||Jul 10||Jul 3|
|1.||May 27, 2017:||Ode to Year Two
|4.||Aug 12, 2016:||Rebop
Ishwar, Petal (The Space Between)
|2.||Aug 17, 2016:||Minimum Entropy
|5.||Aug 05, 2016:||Life Aquatic (Raudra)
|3.||Aug 13, 2016:||Music Casserole
Annapoorna, Petal (Ephemerata)
|6.||Aug 05, 2016:||Rebop
Viswanathan is a Canadian musician, who has played with Wynton Marsalis, Vijay Iyer & others. He play the saxaphone and bansuri (Indian flute).
1. Agra has neatly bottled the raucous sounds of India with a dose of cool jazz.
2. Banda Aceh pays homage to those hit by tsunami in this Indonesian town. An interesting interplay b/w sax & vocals (Felicity Williams.)
3. Soulful start & then a burst of bright sounds just like the downpour of monsoon rains. The track is called Monsoon.
4. A moderately paced track that lives up to its name The Long Dream.
5. Fast paced opening by tabla (Ravi Naimpally) & then other musicians join in.
6. An Indian inspired track. The interplay b/w Samidha Joglekar Indian classical vocals with Vishwanathan's sax makes for an interesting listen.
7. Petal - the title track is an interesting & unusual jazz composition.
8. An interesting & different kind of jazz composition that catches your ear.Fast paced
9. Beautiful opening notes of bansuri (Indian flute). The Indian sounds give way to the jazz sounds.
10. An unusual musical collage that combines the "philosophical speeches," of various gurus with music.
Kamla June 2016
|2.||Banda Aceh||7.||Petal (The Space Between)|
|4.||The Long Dream||9.||Annapoorna|
|5.||Infinite Open||10.||Petal (Ephemerata)|