|Label:||Hand Drawn Dracula|
|Add Date:||2016-07-04||Pull Date:||2016-09-04|
|Week Ending:||Sep 4||Aug 28||Aug 21||Aug 14||Aug 7||Jul 31||Jul 24||Jul 17|
|1.||May 27, 2017:||Ode to Year Two
|4.||Aug 25, 2016:||a strange pursuit
Sins So Vain, Tennessee Haze
|2.||Dec 16, 2016:||Life Aquatic (Best of '16, part 1)
|5.||Aug 24, 2016:||a strange pursuit
|3.||Sep 03, 2016:||Stringless Balloon
|6.||Aug 20, 2016:||Stringless Balloon - Creepy Early Bedtime Stories
1. (2:16) While You Wait—Haunting piano and reverb.
2. (4:14) ** Drag—True Widow-type shoegaze. Driving, wine-red guitars and steady, plodding beat.
3. (4:11) *** Consent—Sweet bass line and dark gliding guitars. Catchy post-punk jam. Panicked in a restrained way, with a growing sense of finality in the last minute.
4. (3:40) Rosemary—Dark and doomy guitars, heavy, nearing metal territory.
5. (5:59) ** Devour—Richer guitars, brighter, picks up the pace. One minute quavering ambient outro.
6. (3:31) Karen—Spooky, insistent, syncopated. Wanders through all kinds of guitar tones and colors. Wordless until dreamy vocals enter in last minute and a half.
7. (3:51) *** Dark Tunnel—Psychey guitars, rolling and propulsive beat, dreamy pained vocals. Very True Widow.
8. (6:51) * Tennessee Haze—Heavy, churning, grungy shoegaze like Catherine Wheel/Whirr's latest album. Icy ghostlike ambient textures come in abruptly at 5:20. Entering the abyss…
9. (7:03) ** Sin So Vain—Tortured, spoken-word Drop Nineteens "Kick the Tragedy"-esque vocals. Vocals and repetitive solo guitar alternate consistently with a pounding '90s guitar jam.
10. (2:14) Still Need Dreams—Comparatively pop. Dreamy aimless guitars and lyrics. 40 second soft ambient outro.
|1.||While You Wait||6.||Karen|
|4.||Rosemary||9.||Sins So Vain|
|5.||Devour||10.||Still Need Dreams|