|Gunn, Steve / Eyes On The Lines|
|Album:||Eyes On The Lines||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Gunn, Steve||Added:||Jun 2016|
|Add Date:||2016-06-19||Pull Date:||2016-08-21|
|Week Ending:||Aug 21||Jul 31||Jul 24||Jul 10||Jul 3||Jun 26|
|1.||Aug 20, 2016:||Narnia |
|4.||Jul 29, 2016:||Time Traveler |
|2.||Aug 19, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
|5.||Jul 22, 2016:||Time Traveler |
|3.||Aug 19, 2016:||Time Traveler |
|6.||Jul 08, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
Ranging from riding into the sunset Americana to mellow alt-country to mystical desert odes to Neil Young, these are blissout folk meditations composed by one of the most promising guitar virtuosos out there.|
RIYL William Tyler, Kurt Vile, Neil Young, Hiss Golden Messenger
Favorites: 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9
1. (6:01) ** Ancient Jules—Rollicking heartland rock, electric guitars, sweet soloing in last two minutes, driving sense of purpose.
2. (4:49) Full Moon Tide—Several layers of acoustic guitar, spirited, gets all honky-tonk in the last minute. “Word on the street is always wild / hang around and steal your time.”
3. (4:46) *** The Drop—Languid, relaxed, sort of world-weary yet positive, similar to Way Out Weather.
4. (4:37) Conditions Wild—Uptempo, synthesizer, bright Americana.
5. (4:01) ** Nature Driver—Laid back, contemplative fingerpicking and crisp vocals. Driving on Highway 1 as the sun sets.
6. (4:01) *** Heavy Sails—Sauntering summer jaunt, brief searing guitar in last minute.
7. (4:19) * Night Wander—Peppery guitars, distinct groove, clear and full vocals, rose-gold, just lovely.
8. (3:24) Park Bench Smile—Ambling guitar licks, dreamy bass groove, old west imaginings.
9. (5:21) *** Ark—Wandering lyrics, lush acoustic guitars, such beautiful, straining Wurlitzer. Great closer.
|1.||Ancient Jules||5.||Nature Driver|
|2.||Full Moon Tide||6.||Heavy Sails|
|3.||The Drop||7.||Night Wander|
|4.||Conditions Wild||8.||Park Bench Smile|