|Album:||Konono No 1 Meets Batida||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Konono No 1||Added:||Jun 2016|
|Add Date:||2016-06-19||Pull Date:||2016-08-21||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Aug 21||Aug 7||Jul 10||Jul 3||Jun 26|
|1.||Jul 29, 2020:||Some Songs Without Words
|4.||Aug 05, 2016:||The Anti-Guppo Boar Machine
|2.||Aug 20, 2016:||Music Casserole
|5.||Jul 09, 2016:||Music Casserole
|3.||Aug 06, 2016:||Music Casserole
|6.||Jun 29, 2016:||Minimum Message Length
Konono No1 Meets Batida
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Splendid collaboration between DRC’s Konono No1 & Angolan/Portuguese artist Batida. Intense beats mixing it up with sounds & styles ranging from slam poetry, Afro-fusion, electro & plenty of other influences to keep us all happy. No skimping on the track times either.
Like: Mbongwana Star, Staff Benda Bilili, Kasai Allstars
All good: Loving 1,4,6,8
No detectable FCC’s
1) Nlele Kalusimbiko (8.43) High energy to start. Beating pulse drives this along with nice female chorus in contrast to the male fast spoken word.
2) Yambadi Mama(6.22) Tribal jazzed up beats all mixed with that tell tale Congolese sound.
3) Tokolanda (9.35) Mid paced Afro pop for the first 4 minutes & then it goes into a deeper trance – Almost 2 songs in one.
4) Bom Dia (4.22) Call & response with hypnotic hand clapping. Big beats are added.
5) Kinsumba (6.43) A mellow driving force keeps this going. Gets the mix master treatment.
6) Nzonzing Familia (11.33) Batida producing powerful stuff. Strong rhythms in conjunction with the words.
7) Kuna America (8.10) Spirited energy. Again, could be a few tracks in one.
8) Um Nzonzing (5.34) Head swaying repetition with infectious words.
9) Nlele Kalusimbiko (Radio Edit) (4.15) As the first track, just 4 minutes shorter – Where’s the fun in that?
|2.||Yambadi Mama||6.||Nzonzing Familia|
|4.||Bom Dia||8.||Um Nzonzing|
|9.||Nlele Kalusimbiko (Radio Edit)|