|Album:||Hard To Read||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Day Wave||Added:||Apr 2016|
|Label:||Grand Jury Music|
|Add Date:||2016-04-25||Pull Date:||2016-06-26|
|Week Ending:||Jun 26||Jun 5||May 29||May 22||May 15||May 8||May 1|
|1.||May 15, 2017:||Mixed Nuts
|4.||May 30, 2016:||Narnia
Hard To Read
|2.||Jun 30, 2016:||In The Year 1000, 8000: Summer School (Session 1-16)
|5.||May 26, 2016:||Munch Time
Hard To Read
|3.||Jun 25, 2016:||Music Casserole
|6.||May 19, 2016:||Munch Time
1. (4:43) Deadbeat Girl—Cute jangly song about a girl. Very pre-Nocturne Wild Nothing. Golden and synthy in the last two minutes.
2. (3:42) * Gone—Crescendoing rose-gold guitars in beginning. Drum machine + repetitive synth line. Nostalgic lyrics. This takes me back to 2010/2011 so very much.
3. (3:10) Hard to Read—Faster percussion and rougher guitars. Abrasive for C86? Reverby vocals and cloudy synths. Dreamy and very layered sonically; not as crisp and direct as the previous two.
4. (3:37) *** Stuck—"You think you know me? Nobody knows me." I distinctly remember reading this not-terrible p4k review about a Wild Nothing album in which the reviewer cited a similar lyric and commented on Jack Tatum's self-awareness/discovery in making music. This song is gorgeously dreamy and one of the more dynamic and complex tracks on the EP. Really pretty chiming guitars float in and out of the ether.
5. (2:48) ****You—Slower, languid. Simple, single guitar line, effected vocals, and patient drumming. So terribly lovely. Summer's ending and the sunsets are getting earlier. Reminds me a lot of the song "Sleepy Eyes" by this band from DC called U.S. Royalty.
|1.||Deadbeat Girl||3.||Hard To Read|