|Tiga / No Fantasy Required|
|Album:||No Fantasy Required||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2016-04-18||Pull Date:||2016-06-19||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Jun 19||Jun 12||Jun 5||May 29||May 15||May 1||Apr 24|
|1.||Mar 03, 2022:||Pumping Iron (rebroadcast from Apr 2, 2018) |
|4.||Apr 02, 2018:||Pumping Iron |
|2.||Jan 28, 2022:||Pumping Iron (rebroadcast from Apr 2, 2018) |
|5.||Jun 17, 2016:||Narnia |
Make Me Fall In Love
|3.||Apr 04, 2018:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
Make Me Fall In Love
|6.||Jun 15, 2016:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants! |
The man of “Shoes” fame is at it again. Tiga sticks to his style of off-kilter spoken-word lyrics with minimal electro beats. Unfortunately, this album has more of the repetitive vibe than a catchy, stuck-in-your-head vibe compared to some of his earlier stuff. Regardless, it’s still an amusing effort.|
RIYL Felix da Housecat, Simian Mobile Disco, Chromeo, Mika
FCC on track 3
Recommended tracks: 2, 6, 10, 11
1. (4:35) Slow build with soft vocals and dreamy, modulated synths.
2. (5:41) Trippy, light head-bobber that escalates to a gritty synth line.
3. (3:03) FCC!: “fucked up“ x2. Campy list of rules to live by spoken over a clappy backbeat.
4. (2:57) Spoken-word love song with horns, reverberating drum machine, and space-invader zip-zaps.
5. (4:29) Down-tempo ballad reminiscent of Moby.
6. (4:37) Spoken-word lyrics over a synth line that feels almost gelatinous.
7. (3:20) Deep-voiced, plodding ode to MDMA.
8. (6:41) Spoken word and computer blips with a clappy backbeat lauding plushness with a dreamy ending.
9. (5:21) Weird, carnivalesque ode to the Bugatti.
10. (3:28) Mid-tempo plea not to “break my heart” with vocal modulation and varied synth.
11. (5:27) Lighthearted falsetto with a twinkly synth, and some lyrics of actual substance.
|1.||No Fantasy Required||6.||Always|
|2.||Make Me Fall In Love||7.||Planet E|
|4.||Having So Much Fun||9.||Bugatti|
|5.||Tell Me Your Secret||10.||Don't Break My Heart|
|11.||Blondes Have More Fun|