|Crater / Talk To Me So I Can Fall Asleep|
|Album:||Talk To Me So I Can Fall Asleep||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Help Yourself Records|
|Add Date:||2016-05-23||Pull Date:||2016-07-24|
|Week Ending:||Jul 24||Jul 17||Jul 10||Jul 3||Jun 26||Jun 19||Jun 12||Jun 5|
|1.||Nov 30, 2021:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|4.||Jul 18, 2016:||Viewer Discretion Advised |
Hardly At All
|2.||Apr 19, 2017:||The Fuzz Deli |
Hardly At All
|5.||Jul 15, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
Habits Die Slow
|3.||Dec 22, 2016:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|6.||Jul 14, 2016:||Viewer Discretion Advised |
Hardly At All, Gross Relations
Catchy girl-pop with electro beats. This duo of two lady friends produces creative tracks with notable guitar, harmonic vocals, and ponderable lyrics. I can imagine this record generating a lot of general appeal at the station.|
RIYL Tegan and Sara, Ladytron, CHVRCHES
FCC on track 6
Recommended tracks: 1, 2, 5, 7, 10
1. (3:44) Mid-tempo clanking beat with a reverberating synth line and beautiful harmonic minor-key vocals.
2. (2:45) Poppier sound with a lightly industrial beat and gongs lamenting our sick, sad world.
3. (3:42) Rocky electric guitar with a staccato synth that builds to a nice resolution about 3/4 way through.
4. (4:10) Slower, loving jam with twangy guitar a lot of reverb.
5. (3:48) Mid-tempo, triumphant electric guitar building into a short scream-out.
6. (3:36) FCC!: “fuck.” Ominous minor key with computer blips basically telling everyone to go fuck themselves. Ends with a nice rock-out.
7. (3:08) Faster beat with more alto-ish vocals than the other tracks. Guitar solo midway through.
8. (2:43) Dissonant, ticking synth punctuated by guitar with a light vibe.
9. (3:07) Repetitive bassline morphs into a gentle instrumental soundscape.
10. (3:52) Spoken-word style lyrics over minor-key guitar with a ‘90s country feel. Builds into a multilayered ballad. My favorite track.
11. (3:39) A plodding beat with crashing drums and modulated vocals. Ends with a quiet throbbing.
|1.||Crater Head||6.||Gross Relations|
|2.||Sick Sad World||7.||Hardly At All|
|3.||Ain't Right||8.||Lucky Lucy|
|4.||Habits Die Slow||9.||Badlands|
|5.||Summer Skin||10.||Holy Ground|