|Artist:||King Midas Sound/Fennesz||Added:||Jan 2016|
|Add Date:||2016-02-02||Pull Date:||2016-04-02||Charts:||RPM/Electronica, Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Apr 3||Mar 27||Mar 20||Mar 13||Mar 6||Feb 28||Feb 21||Feb 14|
|1.||Jul 28, 2016:||subwoofer etc
|4.||Mar 22, 2016:||it's not bass music
We Walk Together
|2.||Mar 31, 2016:||All Passion No Technique
On My Mind
|5.||Mar 19, 2016:||Music Casserole
|3.||Mar 24, 2016:||All Passion No Technique
On My Mind
|6.||Mar 16, 2016:||[press enter to exit]
Floating, weightless tunes from King Midas Sound (the Bug, Roger Robinson, and Kiki Hitomi) and Fennesz. Not as deliciously noisy as Fennesz’s solo work, but still a great album that sucks you into its universe. The first of four collaborative releases….excited to see where they take this next. Moody, drowsy, majestic music.
Others: The Bug, Grouper, Portishead, Dirty Beaches, Loscil
Favorites: 2, 8, 1, 6, 9, 5, 4. No discernible FCCs.
1. (4:43) *** Mysteries - Cumulonimbus chords…cool indistinct underbelly of noise. Half asleep male vocals.
2. (3:33) *** On My Mind - Female vox. Steamy…very reminiscent of the first side of the Bug’s most recent album (which was AWESOME). Distinct beat.
3. (7:25) Waves - Droney opening. Lullaby-core. Male vocals.
4. (5:51) Loving or Leaving - Quiet, industrial. A soulful voice pierces through the gloom. A very Bug-like bass line. Fragile. Thick, wall of sound outro.
5. (5:10) ** Melt - Drum machine loop. Subtle beeps. Cool futuristic rainforest vibe. Spoken, buried male vocals. Overtaken by a rising drone.
6. (5:04) ** Lighthouse - Delay-drenched guitar and synthesizer. Peaceful ambient waves. Feels almost like a reprise of track 1. Male vox.
7. (13:56) Above Water - A calm sea of ambience. Mysterious, undulating. Write up Dr. Info’s alley.
8. (5:43) *** We Walk Together - Dense crackling. Very Portishead. Beatless, cinematic. Neo-noir at its finest.
9. (8:07) ** Our Love - Ghostly, dense. Male vocals. High rays of synthesizer pierce through the murk.
|2.||On My Mind||6.||Lighthouse|
|4.||Loving Or Leaving||8.||We Walk Together|