|Album:||Sommer Im Pfirschhain||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Brannten Schnüre||Added:||Jan 2016|
|Add Date:||2016-02-02||Pull Date:||2016-04-02||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Apr 3||Mar 27||Mar 20||Mar 13||Mar 6||Feb 21||Feb 14||Feb 7|
|1.||Apr 02, 2016:||BravoMarco Variety Show
|4.||Mar 26, 2016:||BravoMarco Variety Show
|2.||Mar 30, 2016:||a strange pursuit
|5.||Mar 22, 2016:||a strange pursuit
Vom Baum Im Hof, Urwald Auf Verkehrsinseln
|3.||Mar 29, 2016:||a strange pursuit
Mithra Im Jardin Botanique
|6.||Mar 19, 2016:||BravoMarco Variety Show
Sommer Im Pfirschhain
Reviewed by BravoMarco
This uses every ingredient to make an outstanding experimental record. Rich drone, spoken word & a warmth that is remarkable. Broody & menacing combined with the uplifting. Gothic folk tendencies bound together by looped & sampled chamber music. Truly a quality release from Belgium label Aguirre Records. Taking German music to the next level, this has aspects of early X-Mal Deutschland & Maleria. Similar to: Mytrip, Stefan Wesolowski, Death In June,
All tracks are superb: Loving: 1,4,9
No FCC’s in English (German)
1) Vom Baum Im Hof (2.24) Slow & luxurious. The only flaw is that is doesn’t last for 20 minutes – That is the complaint with every track here.
2) Schweiß (4.08) Gentle vocals accompany the dramatic pulse.
3) Urwald Auf Verkehrsinseln (4.04) Intense guitar plucking drone.
4) Feldweg (3.26) Mellow static – Lovely dreamy vocals rising to the heavens. Early Siglo XX musically.
5) Lichter Am Weiher (3.38) Looping droney flutey goodness, all at play with a mild pounding – Male spoken word, giving that liturgical feel.
6) Auf Dem Hohen Meißner (2.23) Background soft vocals complement the chamber elements. Harshness appears with the industrial gnawing.
7) Nachmittagsschwüle (3.26) Hauntingly charming.
8) Die Verwunschene Quelle (2.26) Layered looped drone over spoken word.
9) Mithra Im Jardin Botanique (5.43) A more considered drone sampling with faint voices bringing in the darkness. Beautifully bleak.
10) Brüderchen und Schwesterchen (3.06) A gloomy carousel ride that you don’t want to get off from. Off kilter Wurlitzer-like effects.
11) Der Seegeist (3.47) Subtle spoken word under a slow throb & droney hum.
12) Pfirsche (3.01) Nearly a nursery rhyme & almost too cheery.