|Artist:||Stolen Jars||Added:||Dec 2015|
|Add Date:||2016-01-25||Pull Date:||2016-03-27|
|Week Ending:||Mar 27||Mar 20||Mar 13||Mar 6||Feb 28||Feb 21||Feb 14||Feb 7|
|1.||Mar 27, 2016:||Googles Optional
|4.||Mar 19, 2016:||The Snotty The Kitten Show
|2.||Mar 26, 2016:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
|5.||Mar 12, 2016:||Mix Tape: The Legacy Lives On
|3.||Mar 26, 2016:||Mix Tape: The Legacy Lives On
|6.||Mar 09, 2016:||Home on the Range
RIYL Lydia, Belle & Sebastian, First Aid Kit, James Vincent McMorrow
Favorites: 1, 2, 7, 9, 10
1. (5:03) *Waves - opens with a gentle, repetitive fingerpicking melody. Gradually builds in more sounds. Multiple voices - sounds like two female voices and one male voice. About two minutes in, builds into a standard indie pop song. Interesting variations with the guitar, dynamics, and vocal styles.
2. (3:31) *Kept - More uplifting love song. The dominant male voice sounds a lot like the vocals of the lead singer in Lydia. Some kind of vocal solo (with very very faint instrumentation) from ~2:20 to 3:00.
3. (3:02) Another November - Simple yet gently chiming fingerpicked guitar. A lot of the guitarwork reminds me of Celtic music. Deep bassline comes in around 0:55. Female vocals are traditionally pretty, sound like Belle & Sebastian.
4. (4:45) Glow - Male vocals similar to James Vincent McMorrow. More fingerpicked guitar and confessional lyrics.
5. (3:15) Wreaths Rakes - Sounds very much like First Aid Kit. Multiple acoustic guitars. Lyrics are mostly ah’s and don’t quite flesh out until the song’s end.
6. (1:50) Still / He Held Us, Covered. - Soft guitar interlude. Reverby. Resonant clapping from halfway until the end.
7. (2:43) *Bright Red - Contains some form of percussion unlike most of the preceding tracks. More folky female vocals. Cool passage around 1:20 with fluttering synths, slide guitar, and stronger vocals.
8. (3:09) Folded Out - Spicy Celtic guitars. Mostly instrumental with occasional vocals buried in effects. Guitar is especially prominent here.
9. (4:13) *For Dan - Getting a strong Lydia vibe here. The track’s melancholy is made restless by the frenetic guitars.
10. (4:56) *Wheel - Ooooooh I like this. Builds in volume and vocals for the first minute and a half. Steady, fast, hazy drumming. Some clapping. Sort of chaotic with all the different styles mixed but still a great closer.
|1.||Waves||6.||Still - He Held Us, Covered.|
|3.||Another November||8.||Folded Out|