|Album:||Vega Intl. Night School||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Neon Indian||Added:||Dec 2015|
|Label:||Mom + Pop|
|Add Date:||2015-12-13||Pull Date:||2016-02-14|
|Week Ending:||Feb 14||Feb 7||Jan 31||Jan 24||Jan 17||Jan 10||Jan 3||Dec 20|
|1.||Jan 20, 2023:||KZSU Time Traveler
|4.||Aug 02, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler
|2.||Jan 28, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler
|5.||Mar 29, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler
|3.||Apr 09, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler
|6.||Dec 28, 2018:||KZSU Time Traveler
RIYL Washed Out, Toro y Moi, chillwave
Favorites: 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 11, 14
1. (1:05) Hit Parade - Synthy intro track. Beat picks up around 0:40. Evocative of the colorfulness of Washed Out’s latest.
*2. (4:02) Annie - Catchy chorus, great bassline. Changes briefly around 3:10 into something more aquatic. Lots of interesting synth variations. Takes some cues from reggae.
*3. (4:01) Street Level - Heavy, orange, warped synths. Two sets of background vocals; the second one in the background is distorted with the synths. Prominent vocals. Changes around 2:40 into a more delicate, silvery synth melody.
*4. (3:28) Smut! - Groovy, very subtle bassline. Chillwave meets Rhye. Carefree. Reminiscent of early Washed Out.
5. (1:23) Bozo - Heavy, buzzing synths. Weird interspersed electronic sounds and distorted samples.
*6. (3:51) The Glitzy Hive - Strong hip-hop influence. Twinkling synths and some jazz influences manifest midway briefly. Concludes with a gentle, celestial synth melody that gradually builds into the next track.
**7. (3:57) Dear Skorpio Magazine - Takes the groove to another level. 80s. Vocals are more breathy and whispered. Last twenty seconds are a quieter synthy bit that grooves differently.
**8. (5:16) Slumlord - Opens with a bright 50-second synth prelude, then explodes into the groove. Anchored by a dark bassline that complements the dominant synth melody nicely. Solid jam.
9. (2:26) Slumlord’s Re-Lease - No vocals. Builds off of the ending of Slumlord. Adds some new Balearic sounds midway.
10. (4:32) Techno Clique - Fairly repetitive lyrically but has a solid groove. A lot of dissonance with the sampling at times.
**11. (6:26) Baby’s Eyes - Melancholy. Steady, brooding synth line complemented by occasional bursts of sparkling synths. Shows some recent Tame Impala influence. One of the standouts on the album in terms of synth variation. Keyboards come in the last minute and a half, layered over by a dissonant instrumental breakdown.
12. (3:03) C’est La Vie (say the casualties!) - Generic and chaotic, hard listen.
13. (4:05) 61 Cygni Ave - Doesn’t groove particularly.
**14. (3:53) News from the Sun - Sunny. Mix of gospel, 80s pop, and Tame Impala influences. Great closer.
|3.||Street Level||10.||Techno Clique|
|5.||Bozo||12.||C'est La Vie (Say The Casualties!)|
|6.||The Glitzy Hive||13.||61 Cygni Ave|
|7.||Dear Skorpio Magazine||14.||News From The Sun|