|George Gee Swing Orchestra / Swing Makes You Happy|
|Album:||Swing Makes You Happy||Collection:||Jazz|
|Artist:||George Gee Swing Orchestra||Added:||Oct 2015|
|Add Date:||2015-11-01||Pull Date:||2016-01-03||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||Nov 29||Nov 22||Nov 15||Nov 8|
|1.||May 03, 2016:||Emergency Crew For "The Library" |
I Knows, No Moon At All
|4.||Nov 18, 2015:||11-18-2015 |
|2.||Nov 28, 2015:||Music Casserole |
I'd Rather Drink Muddy Water
|5.||Nov 17, 2015:||Clean Copper Radio |
It Was A Very Good Year
|3.||Nov 24, 2015:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood |
|6.||Nov 17, 2015:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood |
I Knows, Baby Don't You Please Come Home
George Gee is a NY-based big band musician. He is the bandleader of George Gee Swing Orchestra, a 17-piece band that plays music from the 1930s and 1940s and original compositions. His new album “Swing Makes You Happy,” pays tribute to the big band era. The repertoire in this album is a combination of original and well-known numbers. Hillary Gardner and John Dokes provide the vocals in some of the tracks. |
Play any number. They all work.
1. Comin’ Home is a tribute to Nelson Mandela by David Gibson, who is a composer,arranger & trombonist. He works with Gee.
2. Bedrock is another original composition of Gibson. Complex & lovely.
3. Lindyhopper’s Delight will have you bouncing and bopping away. Dee-lite-ful tune.
4. Hillary Gardner’s wonderful vocals brightens up this track called Sweet Pumpkin.
5. No Moon At All by Gardner is wonderful.
6. I Knows is a composition by Gibson. Scintillating.
7. Gee & his band doffing their hat to Count Basie? Why yes. Dokes is the vocalist.
8. Dokes sings this delightful tune called Baby Won’t You Please Come Home.
9. Midnight In A Madhouse is a 1930s track made famous by Chick Webb. Upbeat. Happy.
10. Jaunty & upbeat tune this tune called The Road to Roscoes. Happy, happy.
11. Gardner & Dokes sing this track called If I Were A Bell. Now, you can only imagine
how the words of the song must be…
12. A 1961 tune by Ervin Drake that you will recognize once you play it. It has that 1960s vibe to it.
13. Gardner sings this delightful song called That’s No Joke.
14. You Say You Care by Gardner and Dokes. Listen to the words.
15. This is a composition by Gibson that is kind of cool. Reminds you of cool cats, Pink Panthers etc.
16. Nature Boy with vocals by Dokes. Okies.
17. Evenin’ by Dokes - you want to listen to the words.
18. Beautiful rendition of Hancock’s number A Tribute To Someone
19. Fast-paced, upbeat, jaunty number.
Kamla Oct 2015