|Album:||Every Open Eye||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2015-11-15||Pull Date:||2016-01-17|
|Week Ending:||Jan 17||Jan 10||Jan 3||Dec 27||Dec 20||Dec 13||Dec 6||Nov 29|
|1.||Feb 11, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler
Never Ending Circles
|4.||Nov 28, 2019:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants
|2.||Dec 01, 2021:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants (rebroadcast from Nov 21, 2019)
|5.||Nov 21, 2019:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants
|3.||Oct 01, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler
Leave A Trace
|6.||May 10, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler
Leave A Trace
This is the second full length record from Glasgow electronic indie-pop group
CHVRCHES (pronounced churches). The first album was one of my favorites of 2013
and I was super excited for this record. It is solid, but definitely didn't blow me away.
Worth listening to, but I was definitely more hopeful for this record and slightly let
down. Sounds like CHVRCHES, but nothing groundbreaking. RIYL: CHVRCHES and
Favorites: 1, 2, 4, 9, 14
1. (3:06) Never Ending Circles - This one is really good, huge sound, fuzzy synth, great melody, sounds like CHURCHES and it is pretty great.
2. (3:57) Leave a Trace - Mid-tepo, less voice effects, this is the first radio single, so it is adequately catchy and feel good, really like this one too.
3. (4:25) Keep You On My Side - Up-tempo, more 80s feeling synth sound, more of the same.
4. (3:51) Make Them Gold - The is the other one that I actually really like, sounds a lot like Purity Ring, good lyrics, another solid track and an epic sounding chorus.
5. (3:53) Clearest Blue - Not my favorite, pretty boring and a little whiney.
6. (3:39) High Enough to Carry You Over - This one sounds SUPER 80s, like the instrumentation but the male vocals are absolutely terrible.
7. (4:04) Empty Threat - Another dud in my opinion.
8. (5:10) Down Side of Me - This one is kind of cool, trappy beat, lyrics are bland.
9. (3:35) Playing Dead - This one is back to good CHVRCHES, huge sound great melody lots of layers.
10. (3:08) Bury It - Meh, same but not great.
11. (3:14) Afterglow - Downtempo and overly dramatic, could be the closing track to a modern adaptation of Dirty Dancing.
12. (4:40) Get Away - More male vocals on the chorus and the harmonies, and I wish that they weren't there.
13. (3:54) Follow You - Again, the male vocals, ug.
14. (4:38) Bow Down - Another solid track, possibly my favorite, sounds like the good version of CHVRCHES again.
|1.||Never Ending Circles||8.||Down Side Of Me|
|2.||Leave A Trace||9.||Playing Dead|
|3.||Keep You On My Side||10.||Bury It|
|4.||Make Them Gold||11.||Afterglow|
|5.||Clearest Blue||12.||Get Away|
|6.||High Enough To Carry You Over||13.||Follow You|
|7.||Empty Threat||14.||Bow Down|