|Add Date:||2016-01-10||Pull Date:||2016-03-15|
|Week Ending:||Mar 20||Mar 13||Mar 6||Feb 28||Feb 21||Feb 14||Feb 7||Jan 31|
|1.||Jan 17, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler
|4.||Apr 26, 2018:||The Flannel Underground
|2.||Feb 27, 2019:||nearby galaxies
All The Same
|5.||Nov 18, 2017:||Reckless Burning
Breaker / Duplex Planet
|3.||May 24, 2018:||The Flannel Underground
|6.||Oct 27, 2017:||Quite Gnarly
Indie stalwarts Deerhunter return with an album that shakes off some of the rough-edged grime of "Monomania". The lyrics generally deal with themes of mortality and finding comfort amidst confusion. These are catchy, dreamy tunes that are right up KZSU's alley.
Favorites: 7, 3, 5, 8, 1, 9. No FCCs.
1. (3:05) ** All The Same - Brief ambience then swivels into mid tempo dreamy indie rock. Picks up some grit and pace as the song progresses.
2. (3:49) Living My Life - Hazy chords and drum machine. Bright and poppy feel. In the last third of the song, Moses Archuleta’s snappy drumming elevates the mood.
3. (3:31) **** Breaker - Fabulous song. Catchy guitar playing with lyrics that match the track’s feel. Bradford Cox recounts his experience being badly injured from a car crash and the revelations that came from that experience. One of the best of 2015.
4. (2:40) Duplex Planet - 2 seconds silence then jumps right into the first verse. Cool harpsichord-y guitar tones. Nice harmonies in the back half of the song. Cox meditates on aging.
5. (4:12) ** Take Care - 6/4 drum machine beat sets up a restrained, dreamy intro. Shifts into gooey gorgeous guitar. Nice bridge that breathes a sense of space into the track.
6. (5:56) Leather And Wood - Very reminiscent of Cox’s solo work with Atlas Sound. Slower, simple melody and Cox’s voice moving in and out of effects. Feels like just waking up in the morning. Last ~minute synth fooling around outro.
7. (4:21) **** Snakeskin - YES. Slithering, slinky, funky track. Like of Montreal meets Deerhunter. Play this all day long.
8. (5:32) ** Ad Astra - Synth driven. The only track with Lockett Pundt on lead vocals. Majestic, dreamy. Bridge features some cool samples that float in and out before breaking into a triumphant finish. Ends with a sample from a 1928 folk song.
9. (2:58) ** Carrion - Midtempo indie rock. Cox searches for meaning in loss, finding it difficult to move on without isolating himself.
|1.||All The Same||5.||Take Care|
|2.||Living My Life||6.||Leather And Wood|
|4.||Duplex Planet||8.||Ad Astra|