|Artist:||Chamanas, The||Added:||Sep 2015|
|Add Date:||2015-11-15||Pull Date:||2016-01-17|
|Week Ending:||Jan 17||Dec 27||Dec 20||Dec 13||Dec 6||Nov 29||Nov 22|
|1.||Dec 02, 2021:||Magnetized Toner: Favorite Songs of the Decad... (rebroadcast from Jan 14, 2020)
|4.||Mar 03, 2016:||Magnetized Toner
|2.||Oct 23, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Dec 20, 2015)
Purple Yellow Red And Blue
|5.||Feb 11, 2016:||radio seven (saint-valentin)
|3.||Jan 14, 2020:||Magnetized Toner: Favorite Songs of the Decade [2010 - 2019] Conclusion
|6.||Jan 28, 2016:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [W16C]
RIYL: Chicano Batman, Broadcast, Los Terricolas, Pram, Cafe Tacuba’s Reves/Yo Soy.
Recommended Tracks: 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, and 12
1. (4:20) Purple Yellow Red and Blue – Huapangoesque inspired guitar rhythms and a strong vocal interpretation are the highlights of this track. Right amount of electronic effects.
2. (3:22) *Maldad – Traditional corrido rhythms mixed over synthesizer produced melodies and beats. Slow and nostalgic.
3. (4:14) Alas de Hierro – 1970’s AM pop radio references here. Dramatic.
4. (4:01) **Dulce Mal – Slow and moving tune. The vocals hold all the tension in the track. Theatrical and more dramatic that the previous track.
5. (3:18) *11 11 – Another pop gem. Simplicity for the benefit of the track.
6. (3:29) Embrujo – Part two of previous track. More ambitious arrangements here. Pleasant melody.
7. (3:43) *El Cauca – Electrified charango guitar riff intro. Loud and calm rhythmic changes. Charming melody. Cool chorus. Reminiscent of late 1990’s Spanish alternative music.
8. (3:11) Pueblito – Mid tempo rhythmic composition with a melody that reminds me of Martika’s Toy Soldiers song.
9. (4:21) **Neblina – Stunning piece of music. 1970’s AM pop radio filtered through a faster rhythmic structured that brings to mind the electronic pop of Broadcast. Semi-tropical ending. My favorite track on the album.
10. (3:54) Las Penas – Latin-American folk rock that is part retro, part current. Dramatic and quite political overtones.
11. (3:34) **Inadvertida – Fine upbeat electro pop gem. Lovely vocal melody.
12. (4:21) *Desde Ayer – Delightful midtempo track with the right amount of theatrics.
|1.||Purple Yellow Red And Blue||7.||El Cauca|
|3.||Alas De Hierro||9.||Neblina|
|4.||Dulce Mal||10.||Las Penas|