|Album:||Chicos De La Luz||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2015-10-05||Pull Date:||2015-12-07|
|Week Ending:||Dec 13||Dec 6||Nov 29||Nov 22||Nov 8||Nov 1||Oct 25||Oct 18|
|1.||Sep 25, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Dec 5, 2015)
|4.||Apr 16, 2016:||does radio suck?
|2.||Sep 04, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Oct 24, 2015)
|5.||Dec 18, 2015:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand: Best of 2015 [FQ1511-2]
|3.||Apr 19, 2016:||does radio suck?
|6.||Dec 11, 2015:||A Visit From Drum (Best of '15)
RIYL: Animal Collective, Dan Deacon, Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, The Beta Band, and Super Furry Animals.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, and 9
1. (6:13) **Uno – Funky tune with cheesy melodic parts, cool guitars, and weird out lyrics about love and atoms.
2. (5:04) *Bardo Thodol – Second generation chillwave meets yacht rock meets pseudo-funk with contagious bass line, AM radio vocal drama and more cosmic lyrical adventures.
3. (4:40) **Caribbean – Another crazy weird downtempo pop inspired track constructed with semi-tropical melodies, lyrics with Caribbean cultural references and flat out electronic parts taken from the Sparks album, No. 1 in Heaven. Out there.
4. (4:02) Chicos de la Luz – Playful upbeat tune with 1980’s melodic and rhythmic references and bizarre vocals. Somehow catchy.
5. (5:20) Druida – Another trippy part disco, part Afrobeat composition with more strange lyrics and erratic melody changes.
6. (5:41) **Danza Celestial – Athmospheric synth driven intro. Late 1970’s AM radio vocal melody. By second minute, song breaks into a new wave rhythmic structure. Lots of cool changes and synth created sounds.
7. (3:05) *Warrior – Glo-fi ballad with super melodramatic vocal moments but nonetheless impressive.
8. (2:41) Rico – Another pop exercise using post-recycled late 20th century soul music as source.
9. (5:03) *Dimensión Suprema – Crazy melodic vocal work meets 1984’s top 40 musical instrumentation. Unadulterated combination.
10. (4:04) Kafka – Another futuristic ballad with a decent synth driven instrumentation during the second half of the song.
|4.||Chicos De La Luz||9.||Dimension Suprema|