|Artist:||Wolfe, Chelsea||Added:||Aug 2015|
|Add Date:||2015-08-28||Pull Date:||2015-10-30|
|Week Ending:||Nov 1||Oct 25||Oct 18||Oct 11||Oct 4||Sep 27||Sep 20||Sep 13|
|1.||Jul 17, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Aug 29, 2015)
|4.||Oct 31, 2016:||Hurtsville
Color Of Blood
|2.||Jun 14, 2017:||Reckless Burning
|5.||Oct 10, 2016:||Life Aquatic
|3.||May 27, 2017:||Ode to Year Two
|6.||Aug 26, 2016:||Life Aquatic
Reviewed by BravoMarco
LA’s Chelsea Wolfe getting some well deserved praise for her 5th release. For the main, this is a bassy, distortion laced throbbing assault, all kept in check by some lovely vocals. Art-house metal grunge, with more than a nod to the gothic side, is how I’d describe it. Any performer touring with Wovenhand has to be good.
Like: PJ Harvey, All About Eve, Blood And Roses.
Liking: 2 3,5,7 Loving: 9,11
1) Carrion Flowers (4.52) Slow grinding distortion set the pace with the vocals shining through. Long laid-back fade.
2) Iron Moon (5.48) Anthem feel with customary head swaying appreciation.
3) Dragged Out (4.22) Sampled screams grabs the attention from the outset (DiJ-esque) Angst ridden vocals add to the mix. This is a growling piece that demands the listener’s attention.
4) Maw (5.56) Smooth & easy does it, akin to a traditional Metal bands slower track.
5) Grey Days (5.21) Has mainstream appeal for a wider audience. Toned down rock, yet still retains that edginess.
6) After The Fall (5.37) Booming bass with angelic like moments. Slower paced until it gets a beat towards the end.
7) Crazy Love (3.35) Acoustic ballad, with haunting background.
8) Simple Death (5.24) Easy on the ear, mellow synth track – Pop-ier feel.
9) Survive (5.40) Rumbles along beautifully. Has all that richness of early 80’s UK post punk – Quality, accelerated ending, in a homage to “Trees” by Skeletal Family (for me, in any case)
10) Color Of Blood (4.50) Feedback grinds away slowly as the vocals take over, the faster energy kicks in half way through.
11) The Abyss (4.14) Tinkering acoustic backing to this delicate track giving way to a breathtaking finale.
|1.||Carrion Flowers||6.||After The Fall|
|2.||Iron Moon||7.||Crazy Love|
|3.||Dragged Out||8.||Simple Death|
|5.||Grey Days||10.||Color Of Blood|